• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[HOW] Rookie Rooting, Flashing And UnRooting Under One Roof

This is a discussion on [HOW] Rookie Rooting, Flashing And UnRooting Under One Roof within the Motorola Xoom Development forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Hacks category; Originally Posted by ggrant3876 The first step is fastboot oem unlock and yes it wiped your Xoom. What images are you using and have you ...

Page 94 of 105 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast
Like Tree360Likes

Thread: [HOW] Rookie Rooting, Flashing And UnRooting Under One Roof

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    The first step is fastboot oem unlock and yes it wiped your Xoom. What images are you using and have you checked the md5 sum after downloading.
    sorry for late reply, I am using the images on the link on post #3, I firstly used the European images then read in another post that I should be using US images, so I did that...as for the md5 sum, am really sorry but I have no idea what that means

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    sorry for late reply, I am using the images on the link on post #3, I firstly used the European images then read in another post that I should be using US images, so I did that...as for the md5 sum, am really sorry but I have no idea what that means
    The md5sum ebsures that what you download is exactly the same as the source, if it's not you'll get a bad downlkoad and errors when flashing.
    md5sum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,
    I signed up here quite a while back, but decided I wouldn't root or anything else until the one year warranty was up. I had a bad experience with my Kindle Fire that left me a little hesitant. I fixed that issue, but decided to wait on this.

Warranty is up, so I'd like to try this, so I have a couple questions. First of all, I have the WiFi Xoom, running 4.1.2

If I'm understanding this correctly, all I need to do is follow the instructions in post #5 at the beginning of this thread, correct? Nothing else??

Also, my understanding is that the Wifi Xoom won't be getting Key Lime Pie, so if I want to get it, I'll need to flash it down the road.

That being said, once rooted, I can flash it with custom ROM's easily, correct?

Also.......what are some of the other advantages of just rooting the device, other than being able to flash it? I know you get more control, and can remove things that otherwise can't be removed and whatnot, but what other benefits are there?

Thanks in advance for any and all input on my questions/concerns.
    Last edited by soulweeper; 04-22-2013 at 01:13 AM.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Hi, it has been sometime since I last visited this forum. Thanks to the forum and the helpful admin, so far I had been quite happy with my rooted XOOM (Android version: ICS 4.0.4, Kernel version Tiamat-3.0.15, Build No.: EOS 2.0). Recently, however, my XOOM is getting slower and slower. I have done a quick search and they say flashing the kernel can boost the speed a lot. So, I would like to find a kernel suitable for my XOOM. Please advice me on selecting and the steps to flash as well.

On a side note, are there any reasons, that you think I might have missed, that I should go for JB?

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggi View Post
    Hi, it has been sometime since I last visited this forum. Thanks to the forum and the helpful admin, so far I had been quite happy with my rooted XOOM (Android version: ICS 4.0.4, Kernel version Tiamat-3.0.15, Build No.: EOS 2.0). Recently, however, my XOOM is getting slower and slower. I have done a quick search and they say flashing the kernel can boost the speed a lot. So, I would like to find a kernel suitable for my XOOM. Please advice me on selecting and the steps to flash as well.

On a side note, are there any reasons, that you think I might have missed, that I should go for JB?
    Here is a Stable JB Rom.
    [ROM][JB] Team EOS 3 (Stable release)
    You might try a soft reboot to see if that helps with the speed, press and hold the power button and the volume up button together until the Xoom starts to reboot, then release them both.
    ziggi likes this.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I'm on JB now! Thanks!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quick question, I've flashed the stock images onto my Xoom 3 times with no success. I've unlocked and locked at the beginning and end but the tablet keeps rebooting exactly as it was before. Lots of applications either don't start at all, or start then close. Do I have bad memory?

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by Huludrock View Post
    Quick question, I've flashed the stock images onto my Xoom 3 times with no success. I've unlocked and locked at the beginning and end but the tablet keeps rebooting exactly as it was before. Lots of applications either don't start at all, or start then close. Do I have bad memory?
    Not sure about the bad memory but I wouldn't relock your device. It's about the only way to get a permanent brick and you still get the OTA's with an unlocked bootloader.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    OK I did the entire flash process without relocking it. The result is the same. It's as if the images are the same as the images already on the device, or it's not actually writing to the memory. Any ideas? Better area of the forum to post this in?

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by Huludrock View Post
    OK I did the entire flash process without relocking it. The result is the same. It's as if the images are the same as the images already on the device, or it's not actually writing to the memory. Any ideas? Better area of the forum to post this in?
    You might take a look at this link.
    [HOW] To Flash SBF/RSD Method

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Page 94 of 105 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads