• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ADB not working

This is a discussion on ADB not working within the Motorola Xoom Development forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Hacks category; Ok soooo after brickin my device from flashing a theme I've got it back to its original state, however I am now unrooted(at least I ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ADB not working

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times

ADB not working

Ok soooo after brickin my device from flashing a theme I've got it back to its original state, however I am now unrooted(at least I think I am) and am unable to use ADB. So after I input the 'cd c: android/tools..... that works fine, after that though I try any random command like just "adb" or "adb reboot bootloader" and I get this message. ‘adb’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

What to do I swear after I get rooted and get the kernels Im done with adb lol it doesnt seem to like me. The one thing that I'm considering right now is restoring my computer to when I didnt have any sdk files or anything to do with xoom so I can start fresh and hope it will work.

Any ideas?
    Xoom Xoom

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    522 times
    Twitter
    @Steadyhawkin
    ROMs
    4 Submitted
    Did you copy all of the files inside of tools and paste them inside of platform tools or vice versa?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Are you in the platform-tools folder of the sdk?

Type dir (or ls for mac users) and you should see a list of files. Can you see adb in this list?

Wi-Fi Xoom MZ604 (UK) - Rooted
    Overclocked 1504Mhz - Tiamat Kernel v1.4.0

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I have deleted evvvverything and am installing everything back now, sdk takes at least an hour to update everything so i'm going to let it download overnight and maybe try something before work in the morning.I'll let you know whats happening, thanks
    Xoom Xoom

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    After the directory, you needed to type adb.exe to initialize adb.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    522 times
    Twitter
    @Steadyhawkin
    ROMs
    4 Submitted
    Quote Originally Posted by jakem90 View Post
    I have deleted evvvverything and am installing everything back now, sdk takes at least an hour to update everything so i'm going to let it download overnight and maybe try something before work in the morning.I'll let you know whats happening, thanks
    Keep us posted

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    K so after reinstalling everything it still isn't working. I'm going to try and see if I can return it and get another one to see if that works, and I'm going to use a different computer just incase. I just hope they let me return it I've only had it for 6 days and the box is ripped a little bit from the tape so I think I should be fine.
    Xoom Xoom

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Twitter
    @dimitri407
    I would also recommend updating your Environmental Variable Path with the locations of the Tools foler and the Platform-Tools folder. This way you can run adb commands from any location.

ATP
    Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    K so after reinstalling everything it still isn't working. I'm going to try and see if I can return it and get another one to see if that works, and I'm going to use a different computer just incase. I just hope they let me return it I've only had it for 6 days and the box is ripped a little bit from the tape so I think I should be fine.
    All I can say is, WOW. This does not sound like a hardware issue, when the cmd line tells you that adb does not exist, it means there is some other issue, probably means you do not have adb.exe in the folder that you are running commands from. Most likely not a Xoom issue. On top of that, even if it is a Xoom issue, its your fault. This is why companies dislike Android users, some users screw something up and then just abuse return and warranty policies. Take some responsibility for your actions.

/rant
    Xoom Wifi - Rooted with Launchpad, OCd to 1.6Ghz with Droid Overclock.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    This is my first time with android, I've moded many other things and have never had any problems so just this one time I'm going to try to return it and get a new one. I just got so fed up with trying to fix it so say what you want but I'm sure there are people doing much worse. The Xoom still works fine so I dont see a problem in giving it back for someone else to use it normally, plus the wall charger is loose and doesnt work properly since day 1 so thats another reason for getting a new one.
    Xoom Xoom

Ads