• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

No Google Videos or Android Market Movies support!?!?!

This is a discussion on No Google Videos or Android Market Movies support!?!?! within the Motorola Xoom Family Edition General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Family Edition Forum category; Originally Posted by happy_camper One annoyance I have with my new Xoom FE is that Google Videos and Movie purchases/downloads from the Android Market aren't ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by happy_camper View Post
    One annoyance I have with my new Xoom FE is that Google Videos and Movie purchases/downloads from the Android Market aren't supported!!! Really??? Seriously? I hope they update this thing to support them within the next 30 days or my Xoom FE is gong back to Best Buy in exchange for a Kindle Fire or the Samsung Galaxy 10.1.
    I had the same since of dissapointment....i have had an android phone since day 1 of the htc g1 and i have been an android junkie ever since then. i love the market on my g2 now and rent movies and buy music off it all the time. I got tis tab for xmass and i was really looking forward to the same use on this as i get on my phone, but sadley not.

From my reasurch on the support forums on the motorola website....the family edision with 3.1 wont get movies via the market (even tho it was adversied as much)....supposidley the FE is getting the 4.0 upgrade at somepoint in the near furture. Which should fix all of this....when however, i have no idea?

Anyone know better when the ICS upgrade is coming to the Xoom tabs?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by fire5medic View Post
    I had the same since of dissapointment....i have had an android phone since day 1 of the htc g1 and i have been an android junkie ever since then. i love the market on my g2 now and rent movies and buy music off it all the time. I got tis tab for xmass and i was really looking forward to the same use on this as i get on my phone, but sadley not.

From my reasurch on the support forums on the motorola website....the family edision with 3.1 wont get movies via the market (even tho it was adversied as much)....supposidley the FE is getting the 4.0 upgrade at somepoint in the near furture. Which should fix all of this....when however, i have no idea?

Anyone know better when the ICS upgrade is coming to the Xoom tabs?
    Welcome to the forum.Glad you decided to join us.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Same boat.... got the Xoom FE for Christmas thinking of returning for the Galaxy and seen this on the Best Buy website.

Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) Software Update for the Motorola XOOM Q&A

Q: What is the Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) software update for Motorola XOOM?
    A: The Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) software update for Motorola XOOM tablets, starting to roll out this week beginning with tablets on the Verizon Wireless network, includes numerous enhancements as well as provides additional features that are not available in Android 3.0. The update will be available for Motorola XOOM with Wi-Fi tablets within a few weeks after the initial deployment.

Q: Is this update rolling out now? I haven't received a notification yet and I haven't been able to pull it.
    A: The update is first rolling out as an initial testing deployment to a small number of Motorola XOOM users on the Verizon Wireless network. Once that testing period is complete, the update will begin broadly rolling out to all Verizon Wireless Motorola XOOM users over the next few weeks. A notification on the device will prompt you when it's ready for download!

Q: What new features will be enabled?
    A: Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) will enable numerous new features on Motorola XOOM tablets, including support for Android Market movie rentals via full HDCP/DRM support, support for the final release of Adobe Flash Player 10.2, Bluetooth headset support for video chats, Bluetooth mouse support, resizable widgets, Picture Transfer Protocol Feature (PTPF) support to enable easier transfer of photo files to your PC, and more. For a full list of the new capabilities enabled by the upgrade to Android 3.1 for Motorola XOOM, visit Android 3.1 Platform Highlights | Android Developers.

Q: What is the movie rentals from Android Market service? Is it only going to be available for Motorola XOOM, or will other tablets with Honeycomb also be able to access it?
    A: Google's new movie rental service, available through Android Market, gives Motorola XOOM users access to thousands of titles for instant rental. You can view all the titles available on market.android.com/store/movies. The software update required to support this new service on mobile devices is being made available first for Motorola XOOM tablets on the Verizon Wireless network, and is not currently available on any other Honeycomb tablet. Movies can also be rented on your PC.

Q: How is this different than other on-demand services already on the market?
    A: Android Market movie rentals is an easy to use service that enables a rented title to be viewed on your Motorola XOOM or your PC, and even when you're offline through "pinning". The catalog includes thousands of full-length feature films from major Hollywood studios, from $1.99. Once you've selected a movie to rent, you don't have to watch it right away; you have up to 30 days (for most titles) to actually begin watching it and once you've watched it, you can watch it again as many times as you?d like over the next 24 hours or so (again, depends on the title).

Q: Will the movie rentals service from Android Market be available for smartphones as well?
    A: Google will be making the service available for smartphones on Android 2.2 and up within a few weeks.

Q: Will the software update only be rolled out to Verizon Wireless Motorola XOOMs, or will Motorola XOOM with Wi-Fi tablets also receive the update?
    A: This initial rollout is for Motorola XOOM tablets on the Verizon Wireless network, but the software update will also be rolled out for Motorola XOOM with Wi-Fi tablets within a few weeks following the completion of the initial deployment.

Q: Why isn?t support for the microSD card slot included as part of this update?
    A: Support for the microSD card slot is planned as part of a future software update; specific timing has not yet been announced.

Q: What does this software update have to do with Adobe Flash?
    A: On April 28, Adobe released the final version of Flash Player 10.2 for Android Honeycomb devices, downloadable from Android Market. The final release requires this software update in order to deliver all performance enhancements, including hardware-accelerated playback of 720p high-definition video. This Flash Player 10.2 release also includes a security update addressing the vulnerability announced on April 15th for all versions of Android. For additional details, see Adobe's blog post here: Growing Momentum for Flash Player and AIR Across Devices (Adobe Flash Platform Blog).

Q: Where can I go if I have more questions?
    A: For full release notes, visit Android 3.1 Platform Highlights | Android Developers. Motorola XOOM users can visit Motorola XOOM™ Customer Support Selector, or Support Homepage - Motorola USA. They can also get help from other owners on our online community at https://supportforums.motorola.com.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hmmm, ok. That makes it sound like the FE wifi only got the 3.1 upgrade after the 3g tabs...which i did, but still no market movies. Everyone is making it out to seem like there will be another softwear update so that the 3.1 ers out there eill have android movies. I would assume that would be ICS...

Anyone have any idea when motorola might be sending that out?

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I tryed that with Dolphin like u suggested, however, it did not work for me....did u have to install a add on?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I intalled video app using an apk and then bought a movie using the market web site (not the market app). When I tried to play it I got an error code 1. My xoom fe is not rooted. I do have access to the rented movie on my samsung galaxy nexus phone with ICS.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Based on the notes in the Android Market, etc., this seems like a Google issue rather than (directly) a XoomFE issue. The Videos app (required to watch rentals, etc.) requires 3.2+ on tablets or 2.2+ on phones.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by GalacticCowboy View Post
    Based on the notes in the Android Market, etc., this seems like a Google issue rather than (directly) a XoomFE issue. The Videos app (required to watch rentals, etc.) requires 3.2+ on tablets or 2.2+ on phones.
    Welcome to the forum.Glad you decided to join us.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Twitter
    micnice614

sorry I missed this thread.

I added the new market, I.e. 3.4.4 and it worked for me. That was before I had root of course

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Ads