• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Twonky is screwing up my FE. I need to get it off ASAP

This is a discussion on Twonky is screwing up my FE. I need to get it off ASAP within the Motorola Xoom Family Edition General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Family Edition Forum category; So, a few websites I go on to watch videos have an option to "download video" for phone, tablet, or PC. When I click "download", ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Twonky is screwing up my FE. I need to get it off ASAP

So, a few websites I go on to watch videos have an option to "download video" for phone, tablet, or PC. When I click "download", it doesnt actually download the video, it just opens it up in the media player. when I first got my Xoom, it would give me the option to "send to tonky or play with media player". Well, now that my Twonky demo is up, as soon as i try to watch a video, a message pops up saying Twonky has expired please purchase and I cannot go any further. So I cannot watch any video, besides browser based, on my Xoom because it keeps telling me my Twonky has expired. I am so ridiculously frustrated right now.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2219 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Go to menu>settings>applications>manage applications>all>twonky>uninstall.

Note 3 - DARTHSTALKER NOTE3 ☆ | VERSiON 7
    LG-G3 Rooted TWRP'ed
    NotePro 12.2 64Gb

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Go to menu>settings>applications>manage applications>all>twonky>uninstall.
    No, its locked onto the device. Its BS bloatware. I can uninstall the updates, but after that I cannot actually uninstall the program. This is ridiculous. Does anyone remember when microsoft was served a class action lawsuit because of issues like this? Remember you could not uninstall some of there programs, making people think they had to use IE and there was no other option? This is what these tablet and phone makers do now. They lock in a program on your device so your forced to use it or it conflicts with other apps you download. This is getting ridiculous.
    Last edited by cbarry1; 11-26-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2219 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    I'm afraid you're stuck with the bloat ware unless you root.

LG-G3 Rooted TWRP'ed
    NotePro 12.2 64Gb

haw
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    twony sucks. i changed the settings in marketplace under my apps to disallow it to automaticlly updat, under settings i set it to force stop, and i uninstalled all the updates. lastly i removed it from myon screen apps so i dont accidentally open it. in the end it only takes up 9mb.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

vitamio.com

I was trying to watch international TV on my xoom fe and could not get it to work. So I downloaded vitamio v7 from apps. Still not worked until I read about twonky. So as suggested here I turned intals off. Guess what now I can watch live TV from Europe... I hope this helps.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2219 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by candan View Post
    I was trying to watch international TV on my xoom fe and could not get it to work. So I downloaded vitamio v7 from apps. Still not worked until I read about twonky. So as suggested here I turned intals off. Guess what now I can watch live TV from Europe... I hope this helps.
    Welcome to the forum.Glad you decided to join us.

LG-G3 Rooted TWRP'ed
    NotePro 12.2 64Gb

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cbarry1 View Post
    No, its locked onto the device. Its BS bloatware. I can uninstall the updates, but after that I cannot actually uninstall the program. This is ridiculous. Does anyone remember when microsoft was served a class action lawsuit because of issues like this? Remember you could not uninstall some of there programs, making people think they had to use IE and there was no other option? This is what these tablet and phone makers do now. They lock in a program on your device so your forced to use it or it conflicts with other apps you download. This is getting ridiculous.
    I don't have the problem on my UK WIFI xoom, but I would suggest that Twonky is set as the default program to launch when media files are selected, so try clearing it from being the default item.

settings>applications>manage applications>Twonky(I guess or whatever it is called in the program list)>launch by default>clear defaults button.

Otherwise I would suggest rooting and using the root uninstaller program which lets you uninstall bloatware or at least disable it from working.

Ads