How to reset the Xoom FE if you bork the system
I haven't really seen this posted anywhere so I thought I would share. You can actually find this on Motorola's page but for the people that are lazy and don't want to search here are the steps on how to restore your Xoom FE back to factory if you manage to screw up your system. I can personally say that I had to do this to mine after editing the build.prop file. Hope this helps anyone that currently has a semi-bricked unit.
|Perform a factory reset using external keys :
The steps below should only be used if you are unable to navigate through the menu to perform a standard factory data reset:
1. Turn tablet off. You may need to use two hands in this process to press and hold buttons properly.
2. Turn on the tablet with power button, wait a full 2 seconds from the time the tablet starts showing the red Motorola logo, then press and hold the down Volume key. (you should not hold down the power button after it turns on and logo appears)
3. "Android Recovery" will appear on top of screen if timing is done correctly. Release volume button. (if you continue to press volume down at that message, the message will cycle through "RSD, Fastboot, and back to Android Recovery. Make sure message states Android Recovery before you go to next step). If stuck at a RSD protocol or Fast boot screen, reboot the tablet by holding power button then pressing the volume up).
4. While screen states "Android Recovery", Press volume up button, the screen will say "Entering Android recovery mode" and a few seconds later an Android robot graphic will appear alone on the screen. Release buttons.
5. Hold down power button and then press the volume up key together to see the Android Recovery screen menu selections.
6. Use the volume buttons to move up and down through selection in this menu.
7. Using the volume down button, scroll down to “Wipe data/factory reset”
8. Tap Power hard key to select option.
9. Scroll down to select “Yes, delete all user data”.
10. Tap the power button to select. Wiping and formatting data will take a few minutes.
11. You will return back to the Android recovery screen menu.
01-13-2012 09:22 PM
The procedure above didn't work for me. I found another one directly from Moto but didnt try it yet because cannot be stopped and should restore to the original image.
Anyone willing to try? Maybe it will get rid of the OTA update!
1. Power off the unit – if not already 2. Hold down the“Down” volume button at the same time you hold down the power button for 3-5 seconds 3. While still holding down the “Down”volume button, release the power button and toggle the display lock slide a couple of times (located next to the volume controls) 4. The display should now show “Booting Recovery Kernel Image” and then the Android Robot will be displayed when the unit is in the rebooting phase. 5. Since the device is being Reset (erased and re-imaged), it is normal to see “Please wait for pre-load data” and this process takes about 6-8 minutes. The Xoom FE is now being Factory Restored to the original image.
Trying it. I'll report soon.
EDIT: No dice. Still on OTA update.
Last edited by kaleid04; 01-14-2012 at 01:39 PM.
i've also tried it no luck.
Did you get it? If not where is it located at because I can't find it on system apps.
Originally Posted by Evil_DevNull
Sent from my MZ505 using Tapatalk
Welcome to the forum.Glad you decided to join us.
Originally Posted by LaloHigh
Lumia 950 XL
Nexus 6 - PureNexus
NotePro 12.2 64GbENTER]
The only thing I found was FDUpdater.apk
Sent from my MZ505 using Tapatalk