• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

XFE ICS roll out??

This is a discussion on XFE ICS roll out?? within the Motorola Xoom Family Edition General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Family Edition Forum category; ok understandable with the lack of internal memory you would think they would atleast give us the option to uninstall the bloatware or instead of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: XFE ICS roll out??

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    ok understandable

with the lack of internal memory you would think they would atleast give us the option to uninstall the bloatware or instead of calling it the "family edition" call it the "kid edition" since its really nothing more then a modernized see and say.

as you can tell im really getting annoyed with this thing

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Ok, thanks for the responces...

I guess what I find donfusing is that this, the FE, is one of the new Moto Tabs, why wouldnt they give it the latest and greatest? It is very frustrating...

Also, Mark and Matt at the support forums stated that the XFE would be getting it, but that tone has changed in the last few days, so now I am nervious...I guess I am just looking for confirmation that I am not being screwed by Moto/BB and google. I am a huge supported of android, but this is rediulious...

The FE better get ICS or they might have a revolt on thier hands...

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    well so far we got discontinued at bb, no support on motos site, no 3.2 update, no answers to any further updates, horrific screen bleed, popped speaker, headphone hiss, crashing browser & laggy keyboard, locked down, no gamepad control the list just keeps going.

but it looks and feels soO nice lol

even our dev has had second thoughts and hes the last hope i just dont see google/moto fixing all of this for us after all we did pay less then most other tablets running 3.1 and there was never no advertising and sold out in 2 months not enough complaints to be heard.
    Last edited by sr20hardbody; 01-15-2012 at 03:01 AM.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    252 times
    you do realize that. this has nothing to do with google right? the xfe is not ged. so google has nothing to do with that device.
    Quote Originally Posted by fire5medic View Post
    Ok, thanks for the responces...

I guess what I find donfusing is that this, the FE, is one of the new Moto Tabs, why wouldnt they give it the latest and greatest? It is very frustrating...

Also, Mark and Matt at the support forums stated that the XFE would be getting it, but that tone has changed in the last few days, so now I am nervious...I guess I am just looking for confirmation that I am not being screwed by Moto/BB and google. I am a huge supported of android, but this is rediulious...

The FE better get ICS or they might have a revolt on thier hands...

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    if google is purchasing motorola mobility even though its keeping it seperate they still need to take care of MM and its paying customers.

the thing is they did a good job covering their butt as no where on the box or paperwork does it say anything about ics only that page on motos site saying "upgradeable to android 4.0" yet its not even on the list of devices they support i bet that page will disappear soon.

im still willing to use a bluetooth headset instead of headphones or internal speakers and look past all the other issues if they give us the real ics not some ragged version with missing features like lack of gamepad control yet mention graphic gaming right on the box.
    Last edited by fish1552; 01-26-2012 at 01:29 PM. Reason: removed **** used to bypass the swear filter.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ignoring the fact that they're legally bound to do it. (it's been stated too many times to claim miscomunication or anything fancy) The company would take a HUGE hit failing to do so. There were plenty of people that bought this for families and the devices have fallen short. Not only would this make them bad for the future... but failing to do so would come off as a "screw you" to families. This being said... nothing says it will be a quick update. Like 2 weeks ago the Samsung Captivate got updated to gingerbread so we might see a wait like that. Either or if they update the original and overlook the FE it WILL be a PR nightmare. The fact it started on 3.1 only hastens that fact.
    Last edited by ggrant3876; 01-16-2012 at 07:35 AM.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I guess I can agree with most of everyone's frustrations...

I feel like that I have been fortunate however, I really haven't had much of any issues with my tab, besides the typing lagg on the browser and the upgrade issue. I really have enjoyed this tab, that's why I would like to use it to its full potential (ie, 4.0). I know that the XFE is not a GED, however, it still carries the title "Xoom" on it and was marketed recently as one of Moto's newest tabs, that was up-gradable and I was told at BB that it would be up-gradable. Ok, I know, I know...the guys at BB don't normally know jack cause they are just trying to make a sale, but still....

I know that it up to Moto to do the upgrading, however, as someone who purchased a device at the same time a huge new OS is being rolled out, I hate feeling that I might have bought something that became obsolete at the time of purchase...you know? I feel that Moto and Google owe it to their paying customers to do their best to give them what they had been promising asap....and to COMMUNICATE that to us. I know that if I hadn't started going on the forums, I would have no idea of what is going on in the android world. I think that is the most frustrating part to me...

I am a huge advocate of everything google/android so this is not a deal breaker for me, but I'd guess I'd like to see my loyalty proven right..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Ads