• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

wifi connectivity problem

This is a discussion on wifi connectivity problem within the Motorola Xoom FAQ forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Help category; I have had the xoom wifi since introduction. I had no problems accessing wifi until I sent my Xoom to Motorola for a warranty repair ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

wifi connectivity problem

I have had the xoom wifi since introduction. I had no problems accessing wifi until I sent my Xoom to Motorola for a warranty repair on SD slot.

When I received the unit back, (it was not the same one) it saw my homes wifis ( I have 2) and tried to connect to it, but the signal strength changed from from excellent to poor, when the signal dropped to poor. When the strength went down in one, it went up in the other. I tried the other wifi with the same result. I am able to connect my laptop to wifi with no problem. I called Motorola service and they said to try anothe wifi (Starbucks, Barnes aand Noble, etc.). I tried Barnes and Noble with no success. The next day I tried Starbucks and it connected, but I had trouble downloading apps. I went home and tried to connect again but with the same result as previously.

HELP!!!
    Last edited by bobbalan; 10-02-2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: typos

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbalan View Post
    I have had the xoom wifi since introduction. I had no problems accessing wifi until I sent my Xoom to Motorola for a warranty repair on SD slot.

When I received the unit back, (it was not the same one) it saw my homes wifis ( I have 2) and tried to connect to it, but the signal strength changed from from excellent to poor, when the signal dropped to poor. When the strength went down in one, it went up in the other. I tried the other wifi with the same result. I am able to connect my laptop to wifi with no problem. I called Motorola service and they said to try anothe wifi (Starbucks, Barnes aand Noble, etc.). I tried Barnes and Noble with no success. The next day I tried Starbucks and it connected, but I had trouble downloading apps. I went home and tried to connect again but with the same result as previously.

HELP!!!

were you able to fix this issue? i am having the same problem from the time of purchase. Wifi is terrible in this tablet

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    284 times
    Twitter
    twowheelzKc
    Sometimes changing your channel on your router helps. Run on band G also may help. I made these minor changes and works fine. But it may not be your solution. Try it on a different network. If no go there its probably gonna be your device. Mine runs fine.

Ads