• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Xoom Software Downloads

This is a discussion on Xoom Software Downloads within the Motorola Xoom FAQ forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Help category; how do u get the firmware on the xoom...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 67
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Xoom Software Downloads

  1. #11
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    19892
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    how do u get the firmware on the xoom

  2. # ADS
    Ads


  3. #12
    Administrator

    Member #
    2101
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wichita Falls
    Posts
    35,844
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerpride View Post
    how do u get the firmware on the xoom
    Welcome to the forum.Glad you decided to join us. You have to fastboot it. You'll need the Xoom drivers and adb installed on your PC. The images are here and the instructions are on the upper right of the page.



    Note 8
    Galaxy S8 Plus
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

  4. #13
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    20114
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello, been reading the forums for a bit, new to actually post. Ran into an issue and was hoping you could help

    Ive done every step until where I am at now, I unlocked the device, downloaded SDK_tools and the US image. Now I ran fastboot flash boot boot.img and it sent fine, but when sending system it just hangs at "sending" but doesn't go anywhere. What Id really appreciate the help

    EDIT: nevermind! I just used a different USB port and everything worked out! Now officially a US Xoom
    Last edited by rcm5127; 01-23-2012 at 09:42 PM.

  5. #14
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    11318
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,340
    Liked
    729 times
    Twitter
    It's a bird
    Quote Originally Posted by rcm5127 View Post
    Hello, been reading the forums for a bit, new to actually post. Ran into an issue and was hoping you could help

    Ive done every step until where I am at now, I unlocked the device, downloaded SDK_tools and the US image. Now I ran fastboot flash boot boot.img and it sent fine, but when sending system it just hangs at "sending" but doesn't go anywhere. What Id really appreciate the help

    EDIT: nevermind! I just used a different USB port and everything worked out! Now officially a US Xoom
    Welcome to the forum

    Glad you now on US Xoom...how about flashing custom ICS?

    Here to get started to install recovery cwm: Universal Xoom Root

  6. #15
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    20286
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rive View Post
    download the motodev pack for your location/build, follow the instructions to flash itby unlocking Xoom, then relock

    download and install sdk_tools
    Android SDK | Android Developers

    copy the below files to the same place the sdk file is, then open command prompt on pc


    brazil wifi build
    MOTODEV > Log Inbrazil wifi+ UMTS build
    MOTODEV > Log In
    New to the forum.

    I also wound up with a wifi only Xoom with Asian firmware. Since it was purchased as a Christmas gift through Amazon, I have until 1/31 to return it. I thought I would this a try, but I'm running into issues getting the xoom to be recognized by my XP machine.

    I have the xoom in debugging mode. I downloaded and installed the moto helper drivers. I also have the two usb charging drivers as well. I've installed the Android SDK and ADV Managers. However, when Windows tries to auto-install the device it fails. I see Motorola USB Composite Device in Windows Device Manager. I'm using the USB cable that came with the xoom, and I've tried both usb ports on my laptop.

    When I run adb, it finds the device, but I only get this far...

    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Shared Downloads\MZ604_HWI69\MZ604_HWI69>dir
    Volume in drive C has no label.
    Volume Serial Number is F81C-AAA0

    Directory of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Shared Downloads\MZ604_HWI69\MZ604_HWI69

    01/27/2012 10:23 AM <DIR> .
    01/27/2012 10:23 AM <DIR> ..
    01/26/2012 10:38 AM 162,816 adb.exe
    01/26/2012 10:38 AM 96,256 AdbWinApi.dll
    01/26/2012 10:48 AM 8,388,608 boot.img
    12/13/2008 08:05 PM 994,221 fastboot.exe
    01/26/2012 10:48 AM 12,582,912 recovery.img
    01/26/2012 10:49 AM 268,435,456 system.img
    01/26/2012 10:49 AM 142,575,572 userdata.img
    7 File(s) 433,235,841 bytes
    2 Dir(s) 90,625,736,704 bytes free

    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Shared Downloads\MZ604_HWI69\MZ604_HWI69>adb devices
    List of devices attached
    170061c340a09317 device


    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Shared Downloads\MZ604_HWI69\MZ604_HWI69>fastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
    < waiting for device >


    Also, are we sure that the non-US versions will not be getting ICS shortly?

    I'm still trying to decide if I should just call Amazon and have them send a US version.

    Also, any idea when Xoom 2 will be released in the US?

    I

  7. #16
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    11318
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,340
    Liked
    729 times
    Twitter
    It's a bird
    Welcome to the forum ElVee

    Try using EasyADB http://www.android.net/forum/downloa...?do=file&id=67

  8. #17
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    20286
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrix View Post
    Welcome to the forum ElVee

    Try using EasyADB SDK Tools zip - Downloads - Android Forum
    Downloaded and installed. How long should this take? I still get 'waiting for device'

    C:\SDK_tools>dir
    Volume in drive C has no label.
    Volume Serial Number is F81C-AAA0

    Directory of C:\SDK_tools

    01/27/2012 11:29 AM <DIR> .
    01/27/2012 11:29 AM <DIR> ..
    01/27/2012 11:28 AM 410,911 adb.exe
    01/27/2012 11:28 AM 96,256 AdbWinApi.dll
    01/27/2012 11:28 AM 60,928 AdbWinUsbApi.dll
    01/26/2012 10:48 AM 8,388,608 boot.img
    01/27/2012 11:28 AM 2,275 ddms.bat
    01/27/2012 11:28 AM 179,789 fastboot.exe
    01/26/2012 10:48 AM 12,582,912 recovery.img
    01/26/2012 10:49 AM 268,435,456 system.img
    01/26/2012 10:49 AM 142,575,572 userdata.img
    9 File(s) 432,732,707 bytes
    2 Dir(s) 90,210,045,952 bytes free

    C:\SDK_tools>adb devices
    adb server is out of date. killing...
    * daemon started successfully *
    List of devices attached
    170061c340a09317 device


    C:\SDK_tools>fastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
    < waiting for device >

  9. #18
    Administrator

    Member #
    2101
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wichita Falls
    Posts
    35,844
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by ElVee View Post
    New to the forum.

    I also wound up with a wifi only Xoom with Asian firmware. Since it was purchased as a Christmas gift through Amazon, I have until 1/31 to return it. I thought I would this a try, but I'm running into issues getting the xoom to be recognized by my XP machine.

    I have the xoom in debugging mode. I downloaded and installed the moto helper drivers. I also have the two usb charging drivers as well. I've installed the Android SDK and ADV Managers. However, when Windows tries to auto-install the device it fails. I see Motorola USB Composite Device in Windows Device Manager. I'm using the USB cable that came with the xoom, and I've tried both usb ports on my laptop.

    When I run adb, it finds the device, but I only get this far...

    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Shared Downloads\MZ604_HWI69\MZ604_HWI69>dir
    Volume in drive C has no label.
    Volume Serial Number is F81C-AAA0

    Directory of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Shared Downloads\MZ604_HWI69\MZ604_HWI69

    01/27/2012 10:23 AM <DIR> .
    01/27/2012 10:23 AM <DIR> ..
    01/26/2012 10:38 AM 162,816 adb.exe
    01/26/2012 10:38 AM 96,256 AdbWinApi.dll
    01/26/2012 10:48 AM 8,388,608 boot.img
    12/13/2008 08:05 PM 994,221 fastboot.exe
    01/26/2012 10:48 AM 12,582,912 recovery.img
    01/26/2012 10:49 AM 268,435,456 system.img
    01/26/2012 10:49 AM 142,575,572 userdata.img
    7 File(s) 433,235,841 bytes
    2 Dir(s) 90,625,736,704 bytes free

    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Shared Downloads\MZ604_HWI69\MZ604_HWI69>adb devices
    List of devices attached
    170061c340a09317 device


    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Shared Downloads\MZ604_HWI69\MZ604_HWI69>fastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
    < waiting for device >


    Also, are we sure that the non-US versions will not be getting ICS shortly?

    I'm still trying to decide if I should just call Amazon and have them send a US version.

    Also, any idea when Xoom 2 will be released in the US?

    I
    Welcome to the forum.Glad you decided to join us. We have several say they got Asian Xooms from Amazon. If you're having problems the best solution might be to return it to Amazon. Here's a link to get your Xoom recognized.
    Ways to get Windows to recognize your Xoom



    Note 8
    Galaxy S8 Plus
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

  10. #19
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    21637
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    1 times
    I just ordered a xoom wifi from Amazon. Now I am worried it wont be a US version. Do I have to root it to change it to US? I want to update to ICS but I dont want to be rooting it. Will Motorola still honor the warranty?

  11. #20
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    11318
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,340
    Liked
    729 times
    Twitter
    It's a bird
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanti View Post
    I just ordered a xoom wifi from Amazon. Now I am worried it wont be a US version. Do I have to root it to change it to US? I want to update to ICS but I dont want to be rooting it. Will Motorola still honor the warranty?
    What you need to download and what you need to do?


    A. Xoom USB Driver: Download and Install:
    here
    Using original Xoom USB Cable that come with your Xoom is advisable


    B. Set Up Easy ADB On Your PC: Need for this process.


    1. Download the EasyADB(SDK_tools.zip): here
    2. Extract the SDK_tools.zip files
    3. Copy the extracted SDK_tools folder
    4. Navigate to the root of your PC C: drive
    5. Paste SDK_tools folder to the root of your PC C: drive


    Download the Motorola Xoom Official Stock files/images from the link,
    Unzip/extract the file and place the contents in the EasyADB/SDK_tools folder:here


    Open command prompt in Windows Start icon (in search textfield type in cmd and press enter)
    Once command prompt pop up,type:


    cd C:\SDK_tools
    adb reboot bootloader
    >>>> Xoom will then reboot into bootloader screen
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot oem lock

    Use volume rocker to select ok and then xoom will reboot.



    At this point you should be in the region that you had choose.


 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. [NIGHTLY][ICS]Peter Alfonso Wingray builds
    By Droid-Xer in forum ICS ROMs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-17-2012, 08:17 PM
  2. [ROM] [NIGHTLY][ICS]Peter Alfonso Wingray builds
    By Droid-Xer in forum Motorola Xoom Roms
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-21-2012, 03:29 AM
  3. [Nightly][ICS]Peter Alfonso Stingray builds
    By Droid-Xer in forum ICS ROMs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 01:57 PM
  4. [ROM] [Nightly][ICS]Peter Alfonso Stingray builds
    By Droid-Xer in forum Motorola Xoom Roms
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 01:57 PM
  5. I.C.S 4.0.3 released to AOSP builds on Xoom?!
    By Yahmon in forum Motorola Xoom General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-17-2011, 09:33 AM

Search tags for this page

dm81z1t software download

,
download android 4 xoom zip
,
download frimware xoom mz604
,
driver video mz605
,
gfwsxxoom
,
hill aosp 4.2.1 rom moto xoom
,
motorola support xoom stingray desktop software
,
motorola xoom mz604 3g update
,

motorola xoom mz604 software

,

motorola xoom software

,
motorola xoom software update download
,
motorola xoom tablet software download
,
motorola xoom update 4.0 download
,

motorola xoom update download

,
rom download xoom wifi
,
update download xoom
,
xoom firmware
,
xoom sbf download
,
xoom software download
,
xoom update download
Click on a term to search for related topics.