• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Xoom Software Downloads

This is a discussion on Xoom Software Downloads within the Motorola Xoom FAQ forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Help category; Originally Posted by MSRoble "What do I hit at this screen to give me the opportunity to run the commands you speak of?" Because normally, ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 67
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Xoom Software Downloads

  1. #41
    Super Moderator

    Member #
    11318
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,340
    Liked
    729 times
    Twitter
    It's a bird
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRoble View Post
    "What do I hit at this screen to give me the opportunity to run the commands you speak of?" Because normally, the "Dual-Core" splash screen is a non-interactive screen for me when I do my normal boot up every day.
    All working on your PC not on your Xoom

    Open command prompt in Windows PC Start icon (in search textfield type in cmd and press enter)
    This is cmd (short form of command prompt)
    Capture.jpg

    Once command prompt pop up,type:


    cd C:\SDK_tools
    adb reboot bootloader

    Your Xoom will reboot to bootloader; as this image



    Carry on to type at the cmd (short form of command prompt)

    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot oem lock

    One line at a time.

    Do nothing to your Xoom. Just concentrate on your PC

  2. # ADS
    Ads


  3. #42
    Xoom Informant
    Member #
    22743
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    31
    Liked
    2 times
    Oh, ok... this makes more sense... I was overthinking this.

    This ALL comes out of DOS. Duh! My bad guys. Thank you all for being so patient.

    Unfortunately, I get to work, and I can't install the drivers here to recognize my Xoom (IT regulations and blocks), so this will have to wait until I get home. But thanks again.

    I will most definitely keep you posted on the outcomes this evening.

    Very nice forum, I'm sure this will be my authority on all things Xoom... :-)

  4. #43
    Xoom Informant
    Member #
    22743
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    31
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrix View Post
    All working on your PC not on your Xoom

    Open command prompt in Windows PC Start icon (in search textfield type in cmd and press enter)
    This is cmd (short form of command prompt)
    Capture.jpg

    Once command prompt pop up,type:


    cd C:\SDK_tools
    adb reboot bootloader

    Your Xoom will reboot to bootloader; as this image



    Carry on to type at the cmd (short form of command prompt)

    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot oem lock

    One line at a time.

    Do nothing to your Xoom. Just concentrate on your PC
    All good... except it's telling me I need to unlock it first... you have a procedure for that?

  5. #44
    Administrator

    Member #
    2101
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wichita Falls
    Posts
    35,844
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRoble View Post
    All good... except it's telling me I need to unlock it first... you have a procedure for that?
    Should be on the first page of Astrix guide.
    [HOW] Rookie Rooting, Flashing And UnRooting Under One Roof



    Note 8
    Galaxy S8 Plus
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

  6. #45
    Xoom Informant
    Member #
    22743
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    31
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Should be on the first page of Astrix guide.
    [HOW] Rookie Rooting, Flashing And UnRooting Under One Roof
    Got it running now... :-) So far, things are going as you have suggested, so so far, so good.

  7. #46
    Xoom Informant
    Member #
    22743
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    31
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Should be on the first page of Astrix guide.
    [HOW] Rookie Rooting, Flashing And UnRooting Under One Roof
    I appear to have it unlocked, because it appears to be completely set back to factory standard... so I try to go back and do the bootloader for the region change, and now it's telling me device not found.

  8. #47
    Administrator

    Member #
    2101
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wichita Falls
    Posts
    35,844
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRoble View Post
    I appear to have it unlocked, because it appears to be completely set back to factory standard... so I try to go back and do the bootloader for the region change, and now it's telling me device not found.
    Make sure usbdebugging is still checked. If it still isn't recognized unplug your xoom and reboot your pc and the xoom.



    Note 8
    Galaxy S8 Plus
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

  9. #48
    Xoom Informant
    Member #
    22743
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    31
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Make sure usbdebugging is still checked. If it still isn't recognized unplug your xoom and reboot your pc and the xoom.
    Bingo... I forgot about that, and it was reset to "unchecked".
    Last edited by MSRoble; 04-18-2012 at 04:51 PM.

  10. #49
    Xoom Informant
    Member #
    22743
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    31
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Make sure usbdebugging is still checked. If it still isn't recognized unplug your xoom and reboot your pc and the xoom.
    All good... everything is coming as the HW169 building number.

    I'm looking to try to go through the system updates. It currently sits at 3.0, and I am told 3.1 is available. When should I expect to see 4.0? Or do I have to do each system update to get to that?

  11. #50
    Administrator

    Member #
    2101
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wichita Falls
    Posts
    35,844
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRoble View Post
    All good... everything is coming as the HW169 building number.

    I'm looking to try to go through the system updates. It currently sits at 3.0, and I am told 3.1 is available. When should I expect to see 4.0? Or do I have to do each system update to get to that?
    You should get to 4.0.3 and maybe 4.0.4. I've got a brother-in-law and sister-in-law that live in Omaha, close to Bellevue.



    Note 8
    Galaxy S8 Plus
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus


 
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. [NIGHTLY][ICS]Peter Alfonso Wingray builds
    By Droid-Xer in forum ICS ROMs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-17-2012, 08:17 PM
  2. [ROM] [NIGHTLY][ICS]Peter Alfonso Wingray builds
    By Droid-Xer in forum Motorola Xoom Roms
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-21-2012, 03:29 AM
  3. [Nightly][ICS]Peter Alfonso Stingray builds
    By Droid-Xer in forum ICS ROMs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 01:57 PM
  4. [ROM] [Nightly][ICS]Peter Alfonso Stingray builds
    By Droid-Xer in forum Motorola Xoom Roms
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 01:57 PM
  5. I.C.S 4.0.3 released to AOSP builds on Xoom?!
    By Yahmon in forum Motorola Xoom General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-17-2011, 09:33 AM

Search tags for this page

dm81z1t software download

,
download frimware xoom mz604
,
download software motorola xoom
,
gfwsxxoom
,
hill aosp 4.2.1 rom moto xoom
,
motorola support xoom stingray desktop software
,
motorola xoom mz604 3g update
,

motorola xoom mz604 software

,
motorola xoom mz604 update download
,
motorola xoom mz604 update zip downloaf
,

motorola xoom software

,
motorola xoom software update download
,
motorola xoom tablet software download
,
motorola xoom update 4.0 download
,

motorola xoom update download

,
rom download xoom wifi
,
xoom firmware
,
xoom sbf download
,
xoom software download
,
xoom update download
Click on a term to search for related topics.