• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Xoom Software Downloads

This is a discussion on Xoom Software Downloads within the Motorola Xoom FAQ forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Help category; Thanks for the reply! I understand that I'm fastbooting them through command prompts, but I figured I'd click on the boot.img file to see what ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Xoom Software Downloads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the reply!

I understand that I'm fastbooting them through command prompts, but I figured I'd click on the boot.img file to see what it was.

I've run cmd through the search bar in the start menu, and I've done: start, accessories, right click command prompts, run as admin; I've tried both.

My reason for checking the file itself was because my default programs are all messed up. I didn't know if that would affect the drivers/images that I downloaded from Motorola.

I was researching 'cannot install boot.img' last night and apparently there's one other thing to do in cmd.. something to do with tools?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yay, I figured it out!!

I was copying the ADB/SDK files to the C drive okay, but when I extracted and copied the HW169 software from Motorola, I was copying/pasting the entire folder, as opposed to cutting/pasting the four individual files.

So, duh, CMD was definitely not able to open the Moto files since they were in a folder.

Followed the steps on this thread and I'm currently setting up my 'new' device right now.

You guys ROCK!!!!! Thanks!!!

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    all stock build download links updated. see post #1
    Last edited by rive; 12-07-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, rive, thanks for the efforts. Still, i have a favor to ask, could you email me the MZ604 - XOOM with Wi-Fi stock image Build H.6.2-21 for Canada, i can't reach the download site because the GFW in China. My address is lion1131(at)gmail.com. Thanks again.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Question Would this work for me

model mz604
    Android version: 4.0.4
    Firmware configuration version: GAS_EMEA_UCAHUBLWFRTCOREEU_P016
    GAS_EMEA_UCAHUBLWFRTCOREEU_A020
    GAS_EMEA_UCAHUBLWFRTCOREEU_M008
    Kernel version: 2.6.39.4-00033-gbd0e533
    a7301c@il93lnxdroid47 #1
    SMP PREEMPT Thu Jul 5 04:25:57 CDT 2012
    Build number: l.7.1-45

My xoom is rooted with twrp 2.5 but I can't get custom roms so I am looking to change region so i can flash jelly bean roms.

Could you help me out please as i'm a bit lost on what i've to do. TIA

Do i just flash this from recovery??? Wifi US IceCreamSandwich 4.0.3 [IML77] : http://android.clients.google.com/pa...D.71a21bfe.zip
    Will I lose root? Sorry for all the Q's. Just don't want to brick my xoom. please help
    Last edited by lawlor059; 07-11-2013 at 08:09 PM.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It's only been 2.5 yrs since you posted this but if you still come here THANK YOU!!! My rooted Xoom running 3.2 with a Tiamat kernal (dont know which) decided to endless loop on me. Worked fine on Sunday. I could get in to CWM but was not able to restore from the card b/c error removing a data file. Well. Looking thru this forum, and downloading file after file and finaly being able to rock w/o a firewall, I dl'd the HWI66 file and installed via sdk tools. It worked...sort of. Then I dl'd the htj85B file and flashed the same way and it has just taken off and doing U/G after U/G since. Finally finished with 4.1.2.

Thank you so much.

It has reinstalled a lot of my apps. Is currently updating. I have a few questions..Clockwork 3.2.0.0 rc4 is on the SD card (and USED to be available under Android Recovery)..how can I access it so I can b/u? I tried after the 1st flash of HRI66 and it would not see the SD card. After flashing HTJ85B it did see the sd card. But I just let it keep going from there. I figure my previous b/u under rooted HC 3.2 are useless now, is this the case?

And now, can you direct me to the next step of rooting what I have now? After all, why not? #OverClock #Etc

Again, thanks EVERYONE that posts solutions on here!

DH115

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I have followed the instructions to the letter to bring my Xoom wifi UK to it's retail state but after locking, I always get the following.....

Failed to boot LNX 0x0004.

I can bring it back to life by rebooting and keeping my finger on the volume down button to get into fastboot and unlock it again, then it is ok but stuck at 3.01.
    If I try and do an official ota upgrade it will download the firmware but always fail after about a third of the way through installing.

Is there anything I can do before I bin it?
    AndroidBaby

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Remove Ads

Ads