• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Trouble connecting to home Wi-Fi with security enabled

This is a discussion on Trouble connecting to home Wi-Fi with security enabled within the Motorola Xoom FAQ forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Help category; I was having the same WPA issue as most of you were. I read that someone changed their router from WPA to WEP; I tried ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I was having the same WPA issue as most of you were. I read that someone changed their router from WPA to WEP; I tried it & it connected the first time. The weird thing is that my Xoom actually did connect to my WPA network for about 3 weeks after I bought it, then it just quit; it would scan & then disconnect right away. I thought it was just a bug so I planned to take it to a Verizon store. I'm glad this worked though. Thanks for the forum, I'll def be hanging out here.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by automatic_ab View Post
    I was having the same WPA issue as most of you were. I read that someone changed their router from WPA to WEP; I tried it & it connected the first time. The weird thing is that my Xoom actually did connect to my WPA network for about 3 weeks after I bought it, then it just quit; it would scan & then disconnect right away. I thought it was just a bug so I planned to take it to a Verizon store. I'm glad this worked though. Thanks for the forum, I'll def be hanging out here.
    Welcome to the forum.Glad you decided to join us.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey I am new to this forum.I bought Xoom and i am having a problem with the wifi.It says it is connected but i can't access the internet.My router is THOMSON ST585 v6.The wireless setting is WPA-PSK Encryption.Everything connect fine with no problems except my xoom.I don't know what to do,I am so pissed because i feel that i wasted my money by buying it.Please help me fix this problem,i would really appreciate it.Thanks

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by Judie View Post
    Hey I am new to this forum.I bought Xoom and i am having a problem with the wifi.It says it is connected but i can't access the internet.My router is THOMSON ST585 v6.The wireless setting is WPA-PSK Encryption.Everything connect fine with no problems except my xoom.I don't know what to do,I am so pissed because i feel that i wasted my money by buying it.Please help me fix this problem,i would really appreciate it.Thanks
    Welcome to the forum, glad you decided to join us. Is your Xoom WiFi only or 3G/4G version? What vs OS are you on now?

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It is wifi/3G version.My OS is Vista and I have another laptop with windows 7.My xoom OS is Android 3.0.1.
    Last edited by Judie; 03-10-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Configure a static IP address for the Xoom.

•Go into Settings, then ‘Wireless & networks’ then ‘Wi-Fi settings’
    •Find your wi-fi network in the list and press and hold then select ‘Modify network’ from the pop up
    •Scroll down to the ‘IP settings’ drop down and switch it from DHCP to Static
    •In the ‘IP address’ box enter the same IP address which is shown higher up the same form
    •In the ‘Gateway’ box you will need to put the IP address of your router, to find this out I opened a command prompt window on a PC on the same network and typed ipconfig this will give you a Default gateway address which is what you need
    •In the the ‘Network prefix length’ box put 24 (this assumes the subnet mask from ipconfig is 255.255.255.0)
    •Finally in the ‘DNS 1′ box put the same IP you put in the Gateway box

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I did what you said and it keep saying"scanning"then "obtaining IP address form speedtouch"then it says"Disabled".I am so frustrated .I have no idea why it is not working.Thanks for the help.If there is something else i can do,please tell me.I would really appreciate all the help i can get.
    Last edited by Judie; 03-10-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I fixed the problem,i did what you told me.There was another gateway on the router page and i used that.Then it worked.Thank you so much,I really appreciate your help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Ads