• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Motorola XOOM - Set up Corporate/Exchange E-mail

This is a discussion on Motorola XOOM - Set up Corporate/Exchange E-mail within the Motorola Xoom FAQ forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Help category; How do I set up corporate/exchange e-mail? You can set up an a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account, so you can read and work with the ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Motorola XOOM - Set up Corporate/Exchange E-mail

How do I set up corporate/exchange e-mail?

You can set up an a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account, so you can read and work with the same email as you do on a computer using Microsoft Outlook. Email supports username and password authentication for Exchange ActiveSync accounts, and your IT administrator may set additional security policies for the account (contact your IT administrator for more information).

Note: Exchange account (Corporate Sync) is for Microsoft® Exchange server work email accounts. Enter details from your IT administrator.

Add an email account

1. From the home screen, touch Apps > Settings

2. Touch Accounts & Sync > Add account > Corporate
    In the Setup Email screen, enter your email address and password. If you’re adding a second or subsequent email address, you can also check the option to use the new account to send all outgoing messages.

3. Touch Next. Or, if you need to enter email account settings the wizard can’t configure for you, touch Manual setup.

When adding an Exchange ActiveSync account, you’re prompted to set how often and how you want to check for new email, how many days or weeks worth of email to store on your tablet, and a number of other options. You’re also asked whether you want to synchronize your contacts and calendar from the Exchange ActiveSync server to your tablet. You can change these settings later in the Contacts and Calendar applications.

4. Enter any other information requested by the type of account you’re adding and touch Done. Your IT administrator may need to customize some of the settings on the Exchange server for your Motorola XOOM to successfully sync.

5. Enter a name for the account and touch Done.
    Email starts downloading your email messages and you can start using it to send and receive messages using the new account.

Note: The following versions of Microsoft® Exchange server are suppoted: Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I configured Email using the Corporate settings you specified and they worked perfectly. My only question is I don't see an icon in [Apps] or a shortcut on the home page. What did I miss?

Agent Xoom
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Did you go through a browser? You need to look at your *history* by flipping the home page (has the clock widget) to the right and bring up the page that you want, go to upper right corner make a tab and select *Home* bookmark it.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ni I didn't use the browser to set up the corporate mail I used the [settings] and then the email and add an account.

I chose corporate and then added all the settings.

It worked fine but no icon on home page or in [Apps].

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I got my corporate email (Outlook) sync'd up with my mail server (Microsoft Online) just fine and have been using it for the past week with no issues. However, i noticed that emails up to a month old are only saved. Is there a way to have all available like on my Incredible? I frequently access emails from a long time ago and so this is kind of important. TIA

roc
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I too am looking for the ability to sync all emails. Roadsync or Touchdown does not work with my company OWA server.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

what about notes?

I was able to get my exchange account on my zoom. I use notes a ton. Isn't there an app that will sync notes on exchange?

Ads