• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Motorola XOOM - HDMI

This is a discussion on Motorola XOOM - HDMI within the Motorola Xoom FAQ forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Help category; What is the HDMI port for? You can snap photos and capture videos, then sit back and enjoy them on your home HDTV flat screen. ...

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Motorola XOOM - HDMI

What is the HDMI port for?

You can snap photos and capture videos, then sit back and enjoy them on your home HDTV flat screen. Your tabletís HDMI port lets you connect it to other HDMI devices.

Note: Motorola XOOM offers video playback in 1080p HD but the display is optimized for 720p. Output in 720p via HDMI

HDCP via HDMI

Does the Motorola XOOM support HDCP via HDMI?

HDCP allows you to share HD videos to televisions. The Motorola XOOM will not support this feature at launch. A future software upgrade will enable this device to support HDCP via HDMI.

HDMI Mirror mode
    When using HDMI, the bottom 80 pixels of the display where the navigation keys and notification menu are displayed is not projected on the external display. This is done by design and is not a defect with either the device or the external display.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Twitter
    CZonin
    Thanks for all of the info! Hope we will see an update sometime soon.
    Motorola Xoom
    Overclocked @ 1.5Ghz
    65 MFLOPS

If you like my posts and think I have been helpful don't forget to hit the "like" button!

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Sorry I know very little about HDMI, so does this mean I can't up load a movie to the Xoom and stream it via HDMI onto my plasma TV?? Thanks. For any replies..

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Twitter
    XoomFAQ
    why would you have to upload it? Anything you Xoom can display you can watch directly .

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I was wondering the same thing. I have a Motorola xoom and it works on my little HD tv but I have a 52" TV that is about 12 years old. It does not have an HDMI plug. Does anybody have a suggestion as to how I can get it plugged into my TV. I bought a Blueray player last night but don't think it's what I need. I found a streaming site that has great streaming and is much better than Netflix and is free. If I can get my xoom plugged into my tv I won't need Netflix. By the way I have not signed up for. Any help would be great. Thanks very much.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by pyduke View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. I have a Motorola xoom and it works on my little HD tv but I have a 52" TV that is about 12 years old. It does not have an HDMI plug. Does anybody have a suggestion as to how I can get it plugged into my TV. I bought a Blueray player last night but don't think it's what I need. I found a streaming site that has great streaming and is much better than Netflix and is free. If I can get my xoom plugged into my tv I won't need Netflix. By the way I have not signed up for. Any help would be great. Thanks very much.
    Welcome to the forum, glad you decided to join us. Have you tried a hdmi to vga adapter, not sure if your TV has a vda input though.
    Eforcity HDMI/VGA Cable - Black TOTHHDMVGA6F

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pyduke View Post
    what about a DVI input on ur tv? they do have hdmi to dvi cables

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,
    I can'y get the HDMI cable to work at all! I have no difficulty streaming via my old laptop so I'm amazed that the Xoom won't allow me to do it. The Samsung TV just will not recognize it.

Remove Ads

Ads