• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Moto dropping ball on 4g LTE upgrade

This is a discussion on Moto dropping ball on 4g LTE upgrade within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Originally Posted by bigdave240 hey skydog, what time did you sign up yesterday? I signed up at 6:30 AM EDT and looks like i missed ...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Moto dropping ball on 4g LTE upgrade

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdave240 View Post
    hey skydog, what time did you sign up yesterday? I signed up at 6:30 AM EDT and looks like i missed out. no box today.
    I submitted the request at 14:30 yesterday and it arrived at 12:45 today (PDT).

(That's 2:30 pm for you non-24-hr.clock types )
    Xoom 4G LTE and I HATE the typing lag on this forum!

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

2. # ADS
    Ads

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    I submitted the request at 14:30 yesterday and it arrived at 12:45 today (PDT).

(That's 2:30 pm for you non-24-hr.clock types )
    thanks. not sure why i didnt get mine. got the email, got the tracking number and until just a short while ago the fedex site said it would arive today by 3PM (15:00 LOL) but now it just says Initiated yesterday but no delivery date. bad mot and vzw!
    Xoom 4G/ Verizon
    Team EOS Jelly Bean Nightlies Rock!

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdave240 View Post
    thanks. not sure why i didnt get mine. got the email, got the tracking number and until just a short while ago the fedex site said it would arive today by 3PM (15:00 LOL) but now it just says Initiated yesterday but no delivery date. bad mot and vzw!
    Well, that is indeed frustrating! I'm not excusing Moto (although CTDI Logistics may be the ones to blame directly) but, with the mass requests for the upgrade by frustrated Xoom owners, I figured there could be a couple of hiccups. The whole process seems to be fairly organized but I suspect it will smooth out a bit after the flurry of the first week. My big worry is how I will live without my Xoom for a week!
    Last edited by Skydog; 09-30-2011 at 04:24 PM.

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiya View Post
    What number did you use to contact Moto? Since I never got any confirmation email from Moto, just FedEx, I don't have any references.
    800-453-0920
    Kaiya likes this.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    You know, I wonder what Moto was thinking with this... I mean did they really and honestly think they could sell an unfinished product and tell consumers to go ahead and buy it? Did they really believe that this plan they had would actually work out for them? It just doesn't make sense. Of course Moto is dropping the ball, of course there are problems, of course customers are getting annoyed and if they thought that this solution would go any other way than bad then I am amazed that the people who put this idea in place even have jobs... Oh wait, I almost forgot, the people who run this stuff arent there to provide a satisfying product, they are their to squeeze us out of as much money as they can with as little resources as possible.

So lets recap this process step by step:
    1. Rush to develop and release an unfinished product.
    2. Convince customers to purchase said incomplete product for market value by promising "updates" for missing advertised functionality.
    3. Keep customers who purchased said product in hope of updates by releasing bogus PR and outright dumb propaganda
    4. Pretend to start rolling out the updates
    5. ...
    6. Profit???

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rive View Post
    800-453-0920
    Thanks for the number! I called and they were about as helpful as a kick in the head. After 5 minutes of trying to explain that the box never left their site, I was told "don't worry, the box will be picked up from us by FedEx on Monday." They say it's all due to the demand for the upgrade. They know how many were sold so how can they be overwhelmed by the demand? LOL! Oh well. We'll see if there is any status update on the box on Monday.

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Just got a call back from Moto

they now say they are "backed up" and there is no definite time provided when i will recieve the shipping package, and that I should just keep checking the Fedex tracking number to see if it sometime in the future it moves past the "initated" to "pickedup" stage which will signify that the package is actualy being sent out.

I am soo tired of all this. how hard is it to actually have Fedex pick up a box and ship it?
    Last edited by rive; 09-30-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rive View Post
    Just got a call back from Moto

they now say they are "backed up" and there is no definite time provided when i will recieve the shipping package, and that I should just keep checking the Fedex tracking number to see if it sometime in the future it moves past the "initated" to "pickedup" stage which will signify that the package is actualy being sent out.

I am soo tired of all this. how hard is it to actually have Fedex pick up a box and ship it?
    Backed up? This I believe. What's more worrisome to me is watching the quoted "6-day turnaround" become 10 days, two weeks.... Maybe I'll wait a little longer.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    I'm sorry to have to read this. I thought the best part of the entire process, was the fedex process. I got the box and bam, next thing I knew, the xoom was back in my possession. Couldn't have been any happier. It couldn't have been handled any smoother. Wish it were this way for you all.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinninches View Post
    I'm sorry to have to read this. I thought the best part of the entire process, was the fedex process. I got the box and bam, next thing I knew, the xoom was back in my possession. Couldn't have been any happier. It couldn't have been handled any smoother. Wish it were this way for you all.
    Yes, but you had the luxury of having yours upgraded before and independent of the masses. The gate is open now...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads