• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Reports of damaged 4G LTE Xooms coming back from Moto

This is a discussion on Reports of damaged 4G LTE Xooms coming back from Moto within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Originally Posted by rive yeah, and its all ok, long as it isnt yours, right? then its a different story alltogether. I bet you would ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Reports of damaged 4G LTE Xooms coming back from Moto

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    Quote Originally Posted by rive View Post
    yeah, and its all ok, long as it isnt yours, right? then its a different story alltogether.

I bet you would sing a different tune if it were your Xoom thats was lost and could not be located. id bet you'd raise hell and go ballistic.
    Doesn't matter if it was mine or not. Out of the hundreds or thousands sold, the statistics are bound to be that *at least 1* is temporarily lost. The shipping confirmations will ensure a replacement is made in a worst case scenario. If mine came up missing, yes, I'd be mad, but I also know I would get it replaced and it's not like I lost my right arm.
    What is rooting: the advantages/disadvantages | Set-up ADB | Need Help? Post Here | ADB Commands for Newcomers | Boot Animation Requests
    Remember to post the solution that worked to solve your problem so you can help others with their problems later.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fish1552 View Post
    and it's not like I lost my right arm.
    You must not feel the same way about your Xoom as I do mine lol.
    SDcard System Image Backup Using ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.0.(RC4). Back yours up today!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    You must not feel the same way about your Xoom as I do mine lol.
    LOL Hey, to each their own.

Don't get me wrong - I'd be concerned because of the money I spent on the device and wanting to make sure I either get mine back or they find mine, but I have other devices I could use in the meantime. And I did get by before I had my Xoom. And I have gone days between use of mine at times - so for me, it's minor.
    What is rooting: the advantages/disadvantages | Set-up ADB | Need Help? Post Here | ADB Commands for Newcomers | Boot Animation Requests
    Remember to post the solution that worked to solve your problem so you can help others with their problems later.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Rive, anyway Moto knows its YOUR Xoom and they are messing with you? Firing a customer is one of the most satisfying things to do.
    Lesismore likes this.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just got a note from Motorola that mine is not finished yet. Funny thing is that it had the new sim number Thursday around noon. Now they say I will be notified when it ships some time early next week. I sent it in on Tuesday. There will be a problem when I talk to Motorola tomorrow morning if it is not shipped overnight tomorrow.

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Me I am tired of this whole thing- I contacted them and told them to send it back today regardless of whether its has been upgraded or not.

and if its lost I do not want a replacement, because those are usually "refurbs', and i dont want someone else's broken and returned Xoom that was "repaired" and then sent to me.

I want a refund.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toricred View Post
    There will be a problem when I talk to Motorola tomorrow morning if it is not shipped overnight tomorrow.
    The person at the call center will start reading a magazine, drinking his or her latte, and utter an occasional sympathetic "thank you" or "uh, huh."

Your time would probably be better spent walking your dog. They pay more attention to you.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Got mine back today without a scratch and a new screen cover on it ,also got the dock. Also no delay in getting it back.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I just found out I got mine today. According to Motorolla before i shipped the instructions stated that I would be notified when it was shipped out and that someone would have to sign for it. Well neither of the two happened. I just happened to look out my door (Which isn't frequently since i usually always go through my garage) and there was a fedex package stuff in my plants by my front door. At least the fedex driver was thinking. But no signature was required and no notification it was sent out. However, this evening i did receive an email it was delivered lol.

On the upside, I got my free docking station and no damage to my Xoom. They did install the new market which looks nice but is very slow. The turn around time was not bad at all. I sent it out last week Tuesday and not really sure when i received it, could of been yesterday or today.

Sucks to hear some are receiving damaged devices back. But no doubt a lot of the assemblers are temps with last minute training. I mean i receive hundreds of comps each week and 1 out of every 10 comes scratched or damaged. The are sent from the manufacture to a shipping company who opens them to load images, inspect them and then ships them to me. There is always going to be at least one lazy person who doesn't care about things that don't belong to them with the attitude "oops the company will fix it, it's not my problem." It's unfortunate but I hope they don't give people a hard time that want it fixed.

Scary part is, they'll no doubt have to ship it back for them to either buff it out or replace the cover.

Mine was neatly packed and even had a new screen protector on it. Not a permanent one but the ones that come with the new devices to protect the screen. They even spiffed up my own screen protector.

Now, to root and unlock it.

**Update**

Just went through the Root any Xoom guide and it worked flawless. Xoom is rooted and unlocked!! 4G is working like a champ.

Speed test:
    http://speedtest.net/result/1534110382.png
    Last edited by Domunus; 10-14-2011 at 03:44 AM.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Mine came back, so far, in the same condition it left in. No scratches or dents, etc. The only thing different, or of any note, was that the tech who handled it had sweaty paws and left his (or hers) fingerprints on the back of it. So far I am pleased with it. Do hope that the damages to others is minimal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Ads