• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Anyone else get the email from Motorola Mobility about delay?

This is a discussion on Anyone else get the email from Motorola Mobility about delay? within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Yeup, got the same email....

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Anyone else get the email from Motorola Mobility about delay?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yeup, got the same email.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just received another email saying my XOOM was shipped. It says it was shipped on the 5th. Hmmmmm .... Strange. Got FedEx bringing it. Wahoooo! Can't wait. Won't hold my breath though

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by glennster View Post
    Just received another email saying my XOOM was shipped. It says it was shipped on the 5th. Hmmmmm .... Strange. Got FedEx bringing it. Wahoooo! Can't wait. Won't hold my breath though
    I was just coming here to say that. I got the email at 3am says shipped on the 5th but just got the email and it wasn't updated until now if it was shipped on the 5th i would've had it by now.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Twitter
    windtrainer
    I did, as well, and posted the text of it in another existing thread on the 7th. Even more oddly, yesterday I got an email from Verizon titled "Account Change Notification" that says "Your feature confirmation letter includes an updated summary of the feature(s) you recently added to the wireless number listed above." Since I've not added any new features or account changes, I presume this is related to the update. But, when I go into My Verizon to see what change was made nothing's listed since I opened my account.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Twitter
    down1plus2
    No email regarding that yet. Moto got my xoom on the 10/6. Still no word yet.

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    they got mine last tuesday, and i got the email today too.

It clearly states that 5 business days is the max for the upgrade, I will be calling at 9 to have my device shipped back to me today- regardless of whether the upgrade is complete or not. I will also be submitting a complaint via mail to corporate, and filing a complaint against Moto with the BBB for deceptive advertising/service

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Looks like i am in the same boat. Got the email about the delay about 9 hrs ago. Then a few hours later, I got the "your device has shipped" email. When i track it through the motorola site, the only thing that has changed is the carrier information. Still no tracking number. Normally Moto and I get along great, but now I am starting to get a little annoyed with the way they are handling the upgrade.
    Droid 1 - Rooted - Project Elite Gingerbread
    HTC Thunderbolt - Rooted - Custom Rom Coming Soon
    Xoom - Rooted - Tiamat Kernel - Tiamat Rom

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    gjhinson
    I got the same 2 emails that RemyL75 received, sometime between last night and this morning. I called them on Friday for an update, as they received mine on tuesday and indicated the tablet was being processed for shipping on Wednesday, last week. Then nothing for 5 days. Very frustrating.

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    it is like the blind leading the blind at the Moto service center/ escalation dept has no direct contact with the repair/service center, and nobody can tell you the status, but they are the ones you can call.

"sorry, but we dont know the status or whats going on, but we will shoot them an email and try to find out..."

All they do is look up your RMA, same as i can do myself. Nothing but mouth peices that echo the RMA

Its the same old song and dance every day at Moto
    Last edited by rive; 10-10-2011 at 08:32 AM.
    johnny cizzle likes this.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Yup:

Dear <The name of the victim has been removed to protect their privacy>,

We wanted to let you know that we are still in the process of completing your upgrade. We apologize for the delay and will send you an additional notification once the device has shipped early this week.

Sincerely,

Motorola Mobility Customer Services

Motorola values your privacy. For more information on our Privacy Practices, please visit www.motorola.com/privacy. Please visit www.motorola.com/legal to see Motorola's website terms of use.

MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc. Android, Google, the Google Logo, Google Maps, and YouTube are trademarks for Google, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2011 Motorola Mobility, Inc. All rights reserved.

As a skillful IT PRO that you are, you have absolutely no !%#!@*! idea what is going on so you ask your mentor, your friend, the one who’s been by your side in the toughest situations and never let you down, the Oracle, the holder of all humanity’s knowledge, “The Program”. The Google.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads