• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What have you been doing with out your Xoom?

This is a discussion on What have you been doing with out your Xoom? within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Ollie at&t said that?? WOW that's horrible...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What have you been doing with out your Xoom?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    238 times
    Twitter
    RayHodge02
    Ollie at&t said that?? WOW that's horrible

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ajxoom View Post
    What have you been doing since your Xoom has been out of your hands getting its upgrade?
    Getting CRANKY.
    Xoom 4G LTE and I HATE the typing lag on this forum!

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    238 times
    Twitter
    RayHodge02
    Just rooted my dx looking for a rom for that, but with fed ex update I'll have my xoom tomorrow

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    I have been playing with the TouchPad finalizing my Ubuntu install. I'm also looking into dualbooting two different roms on my phone. My Xoom is being shipped back to me but I still won't have it until I get home later in the month.
    Ollie, I'm going to want to talk to you about this. I've had a TouchPad since the fire sale and been pretty happy with it, but would like to explore loading Ubuntu on it. When I get some time I'd like to delve into that. Maybe you can point me in the right direction?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhodge02 View Post
    Ollie at&t said that?? WOW that's horrible
    Yeah. So I pay 30 dollars for unlimited data. Tethering is not included. To tether I would have to drop the unlimited plan, sign up for the 2GB $20 plan and then add another $20 for the tethering plan. The throw in another 2GB of data for the extra $20, but I would never be able to get unlimited again. So, I download everything I normally would through my phone and then Bluetooth it over to my laptop.
    SDcard System Image Backup Using ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.0.(RC4). Back yours up today!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    Quote Originally Posted by miteeque View Post
    Ollie, I'm going to want to talk to you about this. I've had a TouchPad since the fire sale and been pretty happy with it, but would like to explore loading Ubuntu on it. When I get some time I'd like to delve into that. Maybe you can point me in the right direction?
    Sounds good. You will have to be running either OSX or Linux on your computer you will be using to do the install. They have an easy computer Ubuntu install that is hassle free and can be uninstalled via the Control Panel in Windows which is the route I took. It turns your computer into a dual boot system without having to mess around with partitioning. It is all automated. Ubuntu on the TouchPad itself runs inside of WebOS inside of a card.
    SDcard System Image Backup Using ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.0.(RC4). Back yours up today!

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    I HAVE BEEN TERRORIZING Moto Escalations employees , and playing on my Crap Alienware notebook- overclocked M5790 (cost me 4 grand 4 years ago), Thing is almost 5 years old, and If I take it off the Cryo cooler it starts to pixelate, artifact, and overheat. Almost entirely useless now except for basic stuff, but it is still very fast- Needs a new heatsink and Artic Silver 5. Been trying to game on it, but the X1900 GPU just cant take it anymore (Freelancer, Crysis, Sins of a Solar Empire).
    Last edited by rive; 10-13-2011 at 09:33 AM.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    Sounds good. You will have to be running either OSX or Linux on your computer you will be using to do the install. They have an easy computer Ubuntu install that is hassle free and can be uninstalled via the Control Panel in Windows which is the route I took. It turns your computer into a dual boot system without having to mess around with partitioning. It is all automated. Ubuntu on the TouchPad itself runs inside of WebOS inside of a card.
    @miteeque
    There are also other options to Ubuntu installations - Live CD and USB Thumb Drive installs. Gauging from the request though I would imagine that you are already intimately familiar with Ubuntu (or one of the other Debian derivatives) before attempting such a feat
    Bensode
    Debian, XOOM & Droid Enthusiast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Ads