• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

FedEx dropped the ball.

This is a discussion on FedEx dropped the ball. within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Damn, I too saw the "make arrangements to be home when package is delivered" or whatever it said because I fully expected to sign for ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: FedEx dropped the ball.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    Damn, I too saw the "make arrangements to be home when package is delivered" or whatever it said because I fully expected to sign for it. Good thing is if it goes missing, FedEx has the responsibility to replace.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    My issue is that they left it on my doorstep too. Someone will definitely be hearing about this.
    SDcard System Image Backup Using ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.0.(RC4). Back yours up today!

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Twitter
    TKfromCLE

Update

I spoke with FedEx this morning and found out what had happened.

The driver, whether through laziness, incompetence, or honest mistake, had delivered my package to the wrong house. I live on BRUCE LANE and he delivered to SPRUCE STREET. WTF?! So, as gung-ho about getting my Xoom as I was, I threw the Spruce address into my GPS and headed straight over.

I was very fortunate that the people on Spruce Street took my package inside, left it sealed and had contacted FedEx about the mistake. I'm now reunited with my Xoom and cherishing every moment.

Today's missions: 1) Re-root and 2) Rip FedEx a new one.

ROM: Honeycomb 3.0.1
    KERNEL: Stock
    My precious is lost and alone out there in this big, scary world. I hope she gets home soon, and safely.
    __________________________________________________ ___

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Twitter
    jblalock77
    Congratulations. Good to have honest folk about.
    Remember: It's not really yours until you've voided the warranty.
    "Battle not with trolls, lest ye become a troll; and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you."
    Friedrich Nietzsche: A Dynamic Translation

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Just FYI.... You can call Motorola or Fed Ex (if its already on its way) and tell them to require a signature. That's for the people who live in apartments or bad neighborhoods.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I work for FedEx and own a Xoom, as for shipping we have no idea whats in these packages and the shipper like Motorola has the option to obtain a signature which costs extra but I guess they declined that offer.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    @slitherjef
    Quote Originally Posted by tkess View Post
    I spoke with FedEx this morning and found out what had happened.

The driver, whether through laziness, incompetence, or honest mistake, had delivered my package to the wrong house. I live on BRUCE LANE and he delivered to SPRUCE STREET. WTF?! So, as gung-ho about getting my Xoom as I was, I threw the Spruce address into my GPS and headed straight over.

I was very fortunate that the people on Spruce Street took my package inside, left it sealed and had contacted FedEx about the mistake. I'm now reunited with my Xoom and cherishing every moment.

Today's missions: 1) Re-root and 2) Rip FedEx a new one.
    Whew! Glad you got things fixed. Glad to know there are still some honest people out there!
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE unlocked and ready to rock! | Xoom 4G 4.0.3 ICS (Team EOS rom)

Jay
    Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    FedEx blows.....I tried to get moto or Verizon to let me use UPS but that was a no go. I was willing to pay for it as well. FedEx doesn't want to deliver in the rain or snow or anything. I have had them say they couldn't get to the house because of snow , well there was not any snow that day but they were forecasting it for the next day. They fail on a daily basis. This happens to me and everyone else I know.
    Ok now that I am done with that I really hope they don't deliver mine to the wrong house or whatever. I am already nervous about even sending it in. But I have the box and its ready to be sent Monday. I hope I get it back in 5 days but im not going to hold my breath. I only live about 250 miles to where its going so that's a plus.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Ads