• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Corner of screen broke and 4G upgrade, what to do?

This is a discussion on Corner of screen broke and 4G upgrade, what to do? within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; I just received my FedEX box to send it in with and yesterday my wife dropped it and cracked the right hand corner in the ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Corner of screen broke and 4G upgrade, what to do?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Corner of screen broke and 4G upgrade, what to do?

I just received my FedEX box to send it in with and yesterday my wife dropped it and cracked the right hand corner in the black area so it does not effect the viewing area. I have the insurance, but cant decide if I should send it in for the 4G upgrade as is or claim the insurance and see if the replacement will already have the upgrade installed. What would you do? Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    238 times
    Twitter
    RayHodge02
    Welcome to the forum normally its refurbished but unsure if it will have 4g

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, I know it will probably be refurbished(stinks), just wondering if anyone has an idea if it will be upgraded to 4G or not.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    One would think that they would upgrade all units so they will only have to deal with one firmware push during updates.
    SDcard System Image Backup Using ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.0.(RC4). Back yours up today!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    284 times
    Twitter
    twowheelzKc
    Don't have much to add other than don't take nothin for granted, and send your wife in for a refurbished one. (Just kiddin of course)
    Skydog likes this.
    ~without that little voice in your head,
    you wouldn't be able to read this~

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    youre gonna be even more pissed when vzw tells you the insurance wasnt supposed to be sold on the xoom and its invalid....sorry your cracked screen is permanent and there wont be any replacements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    238 times
    Twitter
    RayHodge02
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnyde View Post
    youre gonna be even more pissed when vzw tells you the insurance wasnt supposed to be sold on the xoom and its invalid....sorry your cracked screen is permanent and there wont be any replacements
    I've never heard about that so...if you have insurance and you lose it vzw would say sorry nothing we can do?

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnyde View Post
    I just received a letter from VZW about that, and they did say that the Xoom is not eligible for the TEC, which is the extended warranty program. They have been charging me premiums for it for 8 months now, which they are going to refund. However, the Asurion loss/damage insurance (WPP) is still valid and in force, with a $129 deductible. So you should be ok. I have filed claims with Asurion before and insisted on a new device, and got one. Once they sent me a refurb Blackberry which wouldn't activate on the data so they sent me a new one. No guarantees, but even a refurb unit is better than one with a broken case, although not exactly cheap. I have no clue as to whether it will already be upgraded to 4G or not. My guess is not.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    Quote Originally Posted by miteeque View Post
    I just received a letter from VZW about that, and they did say that the Xoom is not eligible for the TEC, which is the extended warranty program. They have been charging me premiums for it for 8 months now, which they are going to refund. However, the Asurion loss/damage insurance (WPP) is still valid and in force, with a $129 deductible. So you should be ok. I have filed claims with Asurion before and insisted on a new device, and got one. Once they sent me a refurb Blackberry which wouldn't activate on the data so they sent me a new one. No guarantees, but even a refurb unit is better than one with a broken case, although not exactly cheap. I have no clue as to whether it will already be upgraded to 4G or not. My guess is not.
    $129 is a great price for a service call.
    SDcard System Image Backup Using ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.0.(RC4). Back yours up today!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by tmiles View Post
    I just received my FedEX box to send it in with and yesterday my wife dropped it and cracked the right hand corner in the black area so it does not effect the viewing area. I have the insurance, but cant decide if I should send it in for the 4G upgrade as is or claim the insurance and see if the replacement will already have the upgrade installed. What would you do? Thanks
    Welcome to the forum.Glad you decided to join us. As miteeque sid if you have Asurion you will be okay, I've purchased that from my provider on every smart phone I've purchased and I've received a new unit as long as they are still in stock.

Note 8
    Galaxy S8 Plus
    Nexus 6 - PureNexus

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads