• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Nice looking Homw Screen.

This is a discussion on Nice looking Homw Screen. within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Asus Transformer 2 Bringing Quad-Core to the Masses November 7? What is on the screen two widgets one for weather and one for the date, ...

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times

Nice looking Homw Screen.

Asus Transformer 2 Bringing Quad-Core to the Masses November 7? What is on the screen two widgets one for weather and one for the date, and a wallpaper? Be nice if there was a active wallpaper that would change depending on the season and local weather. -10C January a Snow Scene, +12 Fall Autumn scene ?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    The Widgets are available to sideload onto the Xoom. There is a thread it two around here about it. I would buy the Transformer 2 if it had a cellular modem in it.
    SDcard System Image Backup Using ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.0.(RC4). Back yours up today!

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I had the 1st gen Transformer. It did have a lot of nice features over the Xoom! The screen was the biggest plus!! I would have kept it but, I misread the return policy for Verizon and could not get out of my contract. I have been satisfied with the Xoom now though after a few updates! If they had the quad-core out back then well....it would probably be a different story!
    Don't believe everything you think!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Twitter
    jblalock77
    Well, we can hope there'll be a cellular quad core not long after.
    Remember: It's not really yours until you've voided the warranty.
    "Battle not with trolls, lest ye become a troll; and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you."
    Friedrich Nietzsche: A Dynamic Translation

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    I bought a live wallpaper for my Droid that did sort of what you are looking for. If was nice to use - for a few days and then I got tired of it.
    https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

There are tons of others available though. Others may be better, but I just don't care much for live wallpapers.

Someone posted a video in the screenshots thread showing a picture he used for his background that had clouds going across it. Not sure if that was the weather part of it or not, but I believe it was. I'll see if I can find the exact video for ya.

EDIT: Looks like he used Beautiful Widgets
    [Screenshots] Post them up here!
    Last edited by fish1552; 10-13-2011 at 09:49 AM.
    What is rooting: the advantages/disadvantages | Set-up ADB | Need Help? Post Here | ADB Commands for Newcomers | Boot Animation Requests
    Remember to post the solution that worked to solve your problem so you can help others with their problems later.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Whoopy more hardware. I'd like to see some advancements in on the software side. And I'm not just talking the port of Honeycomb to phones then calling it ICS. I want to see some really good programming that can actually utilize the hardware. Imagine how fast quadcore would be on an OS that can utilize it lol! I hate see benchmarks compared to less powerful Apple device but due to better programming they win.

Remove Ads

Ads