• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

4G / 3G activation?

This is a discussion on 4G / 3G activation? within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Hi all! I just got my Xoom back today with the sim card 4g upgrade. I was really excited, as I have been waiting to ...

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

4G / 3G activation?

Hi all! I just got my Xoom back today with the sim card 4g upgrade. I was really excited, as I have been waiting to activate on a data plan until I got this 4G upgrade. So I called Verizon and got set up for the basic 2GB plan. I gave her the MEID of the device and she gave me a local telephone number that is assigned to my Xoom. That was several hours ago, and she said 15-20 minutes and my Xoom would be up and running with an activation. However, I cannot seem to get this thing active, it just says "No internet connection." I have tried resetting like 7 times and redo the activation at the first start up, but it never works. Am I missing something here? I am starting to get nervous that something is wrong with my Xoom since I have never activated it on data with Verizon before, maybe I am just now finding a defect...

Any suggestions or comments from those with active plans / experience on getting an activation to work?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    238 times
    Twitter
    RayHodge02
    Quote Originally Posted by paris1129 View Post
    Hi all! I just got my Xoom back today with the sim card 4g upgrade. I was really excited, as I have been waiting to activate on a data plan until I got this 4G upgrade. So I called Verizon and got set up for the basic 2GB plan. I gave her the MEID of the device and she gave me a local telephone number that is assigned to my Xoom. That was several hours ago, and she said 15-20 minutes and my Xoom would be up and running with an activation. However, I cannot seem to get this thing active, it just says "No internet connection." I have tried resetting like 7 times and redo the activation at the first start up, but it never works. Am I missing something here? I am starting to get nervous that something is wrong with my Xoom since I have never activated it on data with Verizon before, maybe I am just now finding a defect...

Any suggestions or comments from those with active plans / experience on getting an activation to work?
    Well first lets hope it not verizon. Next did you root or did you stay stock? you have a 4g/wifi xoom but before you upgraded no 3g right..when mines came back its asked if i wanted to use 4g/3g did that pop up for you also did you need to re-boot/re-start your xoom.If nothing else I would call verizon again...I hope you get it working

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I am stock (non rooted). I dont remember seeing any unusual menus or prompts when I first got it back. I was only using it with wifi prior to the upgrade, so I ignored all the verizon network settings, etc until today. I am so confused...

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    238 times
    Twitter
    RayHodge02
    Moto probably checked to see if it works.. I would call them again saying you have problems with activation I got the upgrade but really cant use it as of yet(no4g) you should have a choice of 3g or 4g what ever your around

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I have 4g in my area for sure. Its not a coverage issue, the device just doesnt activate on the verizon network... I am getting very frustrated, especially after all the hoopla around the upgrade process...

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Did she take your SIM card number when you talked to the Verizon lady? It won't activate if it's not recognized as a 4G device. If she didn't take it, call back and tell them it's a 4G Xoom and check to see if they have your SIM card number associated with your device. When I got mine back from the 4G upgrade it wouldn't activate either, called and Verizon didn't have my SIM card number on the device. About 3 minutes after she added the SIM number I was active and online.

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    give verizon meid/sim number, then power off pull out sim, put back in, restart.

if your not in a 3g/4g area, you will have to manually enter the number into Xoom. there is a thread to program number here.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    i called back and we got it squared away. something on thier end. up and running 4G now! Awesome! thanks for the feedback guys! wlWhat a great community here. happy to be a part of it.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    Glad to have you
    SDcard System Image Backup Using ClockworkMod Recovery v3.2.0.0.(RC4). Back yours up today!

Remove Ads

Ads