• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

I love the bottom buttons

This is a discussion on I love the bottom buttons within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Originally Posted by xXiNightXx Some more buttons i made for the Kang cm9 ICS Rom (Put in) SystemUI.apk-Orange.rar MultiColored.rar How do I add this to ...

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: I love the bottom buttons

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xXiNightXx View Post
    Some more buttons i made for the Kang cm9 ICS Rom

(Put in) SystemUI.apk-Orange.rar

MultiColored.rar
    How do I add this to the CM9 ICS KANG ROM? Do I just flash the zip? Do I have to wipe cache?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardo Numspa View Post
    downloaded the file from here: I love the bottom buttons
    copied the two down arrow icons into this zip file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12282904/ver...blue_sr-ha.zip (found in this thread [SOFTKEYS] Softkey Collection [GSM/LTE] [Update 24-01] - xda-developers)
    changed the folder name.
    rezipped the file
    then used the zipthemer to create the flashable file.
    So Sardo (my go to guy) what way do I install the color buttons I quoted in my previous post? Running the CM9 ICS Kang ROM, do I flash or ABD? Don't want to mess up anything since finally got my Xoom working right LOL.

Xoom Assassin

Member #
    Liked
    375 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneEdge View Post
    So Sardo (my go to guy) what way do I install the color buttons I quoted in my previous post? Running the CM9 ICS Kang ROM, do I flash or ABD? Don't want to mess up anything since finally got my Xoom working right LOL.
    if you use zipthemer, it will create a two zip files, one to update your bottom soft keys and one to restore them. you can move them to your external sd card and flash in recovery like any other zip file.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    if you use zipthemer, it will create a two zip files, one to update your bottom soft keys and one to restore them. you can move them to your external sd card and flash in recovery like any other zip file.
    Using ZipThemer, after I configure I try to use the +Theme and select the zip/rar and it says "Can't find a theme control file in...". Am I doing something wrong or can I not go this route with the buttons I want to use.

Xoom Assassin

Member #
    Liked
    375 times
    did you follow the directions in the previous posts? it can be kind of confusing if you just open up zipthemer without knowing where to go.

-Download and install ZipThemer from the Market

-Download the zip file for the buttons you want. i would extract the folders, sort through them and find the folder named "drawable-xhdpi", rename it to "drawable-mdpi" (of course without the quotes), then rezip the file without any compression. you can try just opening the zip file and renaming the folder, but in the past that has not always worked for me.

-open up ZipThemer on your xoom

-If this is the first time using ZipThemer, hit the (hidden) menu key -> Hit "Update Edify" -> Hit "Browse" (pick a file that you have flashed before on your phone, like your ROM or a theme) -> Hit "Configure" -> Then hit the 'back' softkey to return to the main screen. This step is very important

-Click the "+Theme" button, browse to the download folder and select the .zip you have downloaded using the ZipThemer link in the First Post, probably /sdcard/download

-Click the "Build It!" button, and when it prompts if you want to make an "undo-zip", click "Always"

-You will now see the output screen with the Build Log, check if everything went alright, it will show that a zip file has been created on /sdcard/

-Reboot your xoom to Recovery after this and flash the .zip file that is created on /sdcard/

-Done! If you experience problems or want to undo the action just flash the "undo-zip" that's also located on /sdcard/

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    729 times
    Twitter
    It's a bird
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneEdge View Post
    ...can I not go this route with the buttons I want to use.
    Im not sure using zipthemer...
    Other route check post #17

BACKUP YOUR SYSTEM BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO DO!!!

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    did you follow the directions in the previous posts? it can be kind of confusing if you just open up zipthemer without knowing where to go.

-Download and install ZipThemer from the Market

-Download the zip file for the buttons you want. i would extract the folders, sort through them and find the folder named "drawable-xhdpi", rename it to "drawable-mdpi" (of course without the quotes), then rezip the file without any compression. you can try just opening the zip file and renaming the folder, but in the past that has not always worked for me.

-open up ZipThemer on your xoom

-If this is the first time using ZipThemer, hit the (hidden) menu key -> Hit "Update Edify" -> Hit "Browse" (pick a file that you have flashed before on your phone, like your ROM or a theme) -> Hit "Configure" -> Then hit the 'back' softkey to return to the main screen. This step is very important

-Click the "+Theme" button, browse to the download folder and select the .zip you have downloaded using the ZipThemer link in the First Post, probably /sdcard/download

-Click the "Build It!" button, and when it prompts if you want to make an "undo-zip", click "Always"

-You will now see the output screen with the Build Log, check if everything went alright, it will show that a zip file has been created on /sdcard/

-Reboot your xoom to Recovery after this and flash the .zip file that is created on /sdcard/

-Done! If you experience problems or want to undo the action just flash the "undo-zip" that's also located on /sdcard/
    Yes I am following those instructions exactly. The +Theme button step is where I am getting that error message. Does it matter that its an rar and not a zip extension? Also I didn't grab the file from the website, grabbed it from the link above I quoted for "MultiColored.rar"

Xoom Assassin

Member #
    Liked
    375 times
    yeah, it should be a .zip file.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    yeah, it should be a .zip file.
    I ended up doing it this route which was harder but got it to work:

2. Advanced (Hard) Method - Edit the SystemUI.apk from your phone - thanks to bangdrum! Not working for everybody!
    1. Download and install Root Explorer from the Market and make a Nandroid backup
    2. Download the softkeymod you like
    3. Open Root Explorer and navigate to /system/app/, find SystemUI.apk, long press, and select extract. Go to the folder sdcard/speedsoftware/extracted and make sure you have a folder that's called SystemUI
    4. If the folder is there navigate to where you downloaded the chosen softkeymod (usually sdcard/download) and long press it. Select extract all. Go to sdcard/speedsoftware/extracted and there should be a folder with the name of the softkeymod.
    5. Click on this folder, and also on the next. Hit the menu key and press 'Multi Select'. Highlight all the images included in the folder and select 'Move' at the bottom. Navigate back to the SystemUI folder, go toSystemUI/res/drawable-xhdpi and 'Paste' here. A command prompt should pop up asking to replace the current images. Select 'Yes For All'
    6. Go back to the sdcard/speedsoftware/extracted folder, long press the SystemUI folder and select 'Create ZIP'
    7. Rename the created SystemUI.zip to SystemUi.apk and move the SystemUI.apk to your /system/app folder. Change permissions of SystemUI.apk to rw-r--r--
    8. Reboot your Galaxy Nexus (pull battery out and reboot, this is an essential step) and your softkeys will be modded!
    Thanks!

Xoom Assassin

Member #
    Liked
    375 times
    ok, good.
    glad you got it to work for you.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads