• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Adobe ceases development on mobile Flash

This is a discussion on Adobe ceases development on mobile Flash within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; It's not like we are LOSING flash, we are just not going to get new udpated versions of Flash apart from critical bug fixes, and ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Adobe ceases development on mobile Flash

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    It's not like we are LOSING flash, we are just not going to get new udpated versions of Flash apart from critical bug fixes, and that statement alone can mean many different things. Suppose they find a security issue that can only be fixed by updating to a later version, so it is possible to still get newer versions, but I wouldn't hold onto that.

However, we will still be able to run flash, still be able to utilize flash websites and so forth. The only time this will be a problem is 10 years from now, when flash applications can no longer run on our version of flash... Once all the functionality has become totally depricated, at which time weill likely not even be using our xooms, or there will be a much better technology available, such as html5.

IIn short, this has no impact on our xooms, so don't even sweat it.
    Khristy and Mokubai like this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    For everyone worrying this will make you feel better, whilst I was watching a stream of a soccer match on my Xoom this was posted on a forum I was on:

Any non flash links? iPad

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    726 times
    Twitter
    It's a bird
    Adobe Flash Mobile Takes a Bow

This week on XDA TV, after recapping the various Android and Windows Phone 7 developments, and proposing the creation of a list of all known Android vendors who violate the GPL, Azrienoch sets his sights on anyone–outside of devoted Flash developers–who thinks Adobe’s move to halt development of mobile Flash is at all significant. Click Here

Source: XDA

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    726 times
    Twitter
    It's a bird
    Adobe:Flash for Android 4.0 before end of 2011, no Flash for Android5.0

Adobe has confirmed to Pocket-lint that it plans to release Flash for Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich by the end of 2011, but it will be the last update going forward. That means that there will be a Flash-free future for Android beyond ICS.

Yeah there will be Flash for ICS.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/4315...-for-android-5

TapaTalking on Note

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for sharing nice post.I have been looking information on the flash development application.This
    discussion has solve my concern..I am very grateful..Thank you very much...I want to know more about the
    flash and how the flash application created...

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Now ics and new android tables have No leverage over the ipad....and so the countdown for the ipad 3 begins

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    Quote Originally Posted by m5racer View Post
    Now ics and new android tables have No leverage over the ipad....and so the countdown for the ipad 3 begins
    so, are you going to post in every thread that we should be getting an ifruit? sorry to burst your bubble but we will still have flash in ics. and while we have had better hardware (imho) from the start (built in 3g/4g, built in sd slot, built in cameras, built in hdmi) you will now have to buy a third ifruit to catch up? (camera quality, possibly sd card slot etc) and even then not sure you will have all of the above.
    DigitalDroid87 likes this.
    Xoom 4G/ Verizon
    Team EOS Jelly Bean Nightlies Rock!

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdave240 View Post
    so, are you going to post in every thread that we should be getting an ifruit? sorry to burst your bubble but we will still have flash in ics. and while we have had better hardware (imho) from the start (built in 3g/4g, built in sd slot, built in cameras, built in hdmi) you will now have to buy a third ifruit to catch up? (camera quality, possibly sd card slot etc) and even then not sure you will have all of the above.
    Here my problem. Now owning this table since the day it came out, there has been 1, yes 1 update to the thing. Text still lags like crazy, when switching between home screen the interface is lay as hell ( more so then most other honey comb tablets.....its like I bought this thing, and Motorola and android decided that since day one they would almost compleatly stop supporting it. They way it looks to me is one should only own an android if they live in the us, if your outside the us don't bother, because there is next to no support for this thing. Apple, at least has already released ios5, and fully support their products world wide....shot typing in forums acutslly works on an ipad, while on here I type, first wait for the lag, then very slowly corect errors .......android tables are a joke outside the us, and if they keep it up, apple will reign supreme yet again

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Twitter
    XxxCM16xxX
    Quote Originally Posted by m5racer View Post
    Here my problem. Now owning this table since the day it came out, there has been 1, yes 1 update to the thing. Text still lags like crazy, when switching between home screen the interface is lay as hell ( more so then most other honey comb tablets.....its like I bought this thing, and Motorola and android decided that since day one they would almost compleatly stop supporting it. They way it looks to me is one should only own an android if they live in the us, if your outside the us don't bother, because there is next to no support for this thing. Apple, at least has already released ios5, and fully support their products world wide....shot typing in forums acutslly works on an ipad, while on here I type, first wait for the lag, then very slowly corect errors .......android tables are a joke outside the us, and if they keep it up, apple will reign supreme yet again
    Here's a great idea. Stop your complaining. Sell it. Get your Ipad. Go away. Seems like you continue to whine about this tablet but don't man up to sell it. What do u want this community to say? You look as if you already made up your mind several times...now execute and buy your favorite ipad tablet
    Last edited by DigitalDroid87; 11-29-2011 at 09:23 AM.
    bigdave240 likes this.
    STOCK
    Motorola Droid [A855]
    Project Elite 6.5
    Motorola XOOM [MZ-604 WiFi]
    CM9:Ice Cream Sandwich
    Motorola Droid X [MB810]
    STOCK

Samsung Galaxy Nexus [i9250]

Comming Soon...For ME

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    726 times
    Twitter
    It's a bird
    Quote Originally Posted by johngill View Post
    Thanks for sharing nice post.I have been looking information on the flash development application.This
    discussion has solve my concern..I am very grateful..Thank you very much...I want to know more about the
    flash and how the flash application created...
    Hi johngill,

Welcome to the forum

Glad you decided to join us

TapaTalking on Xoom

Ads