• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Moto sent a survey to Best Buy

This is a discussion on Moto sent a survey to Best Buy within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Originally Posted by h1bR1d7hEoRy I was just at my local Best Buy. I spoke to two of the mobile guys there and they confirmed a ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by h1bR1d7hEoRy View Post
    I was just at my local Best Buy. I spoke to two of the mobile guys there and they confirmed a Moto rep was in earlier. They also seemed pretty confident there was NO pre-order happening tomorrow. I have a feeling they are just un-educated about it - seeing that they knew extremely little about the device in general. Yet if Moto was in, you would think they would at least mention the pre-sale. Can anyone confirm?
    There will be a preorder tomorrow. I confirmed this with two stores today.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrTooDeeToo View Post
    *High fives Eric*

Mission accomplished! $600 for the WiFi good for you? It's good for me!

[edit]
    I've got a buddy at Best Buy. I'll bet he can hook me up with one for around $500 (don't know what their discount % is.)
    Haha nice! BB employee discount is 5% over cost.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The guy I called at best buy today said he didn't know anything about a pre-sale. How do these things usually work? Is there some sort of announcement I should be looking for, or does everyone just show up tomorrow assuming there is a pre-sale going on?

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bergs10 View Post
    The guy I called at best buy today said he didn't know anything about a pre-sale. How do these things usually work? Is there some sort of announcement I should be looking for, or does everyone just show up tomorrow assuming there is a pre-sale going on?
    All BB received an email talking about launch preparations for the Xoom. In this it states that tomorrow, 17th, they will officially begin taking preorders. I've seen the email, but have not read it in it's entirety.

It doesn't state they are opening early or anything, just that customers will be able to preorder the device starting tomorrow and that it officially launches on the 24th.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    To be honest most of my stores have reported only like 2 people state they would be buying it.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    It seems that some BB stores aren't in the loop...I went into one today and they denied the presale...I called another and they confirmed the presale. Either way I will be at one tomorrow ensuring I get my hands on one for me and my girlfriend!!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just letting everyone know...
    Release date ? - Page 3 - Android Forums

Presale got pushed back to the 20th. Sorry guys =/

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Droid-life has the story with a scan of the new playbook changes.

This line stuck out: "We’re hearing now that the pre-sale may have been moved to the 20th to comply with some sort of Motorola request."

BBY peeps, what was the request? I hope it was more shelf space for that WiFi Only XOOM I want so very very much!

But something tells me it has to do with this:
    "We don't want to encourage customers to sign up and cancel a month later because we don't not get the bounty unless the customer remains with the Verizon service for two months."

As in, they are now saying you have to pay the activation fee every time you turn your data plan back on. Lame. This is why I want a WiFi Only option. Carriers are greedy!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrTooDeeToo View Post
    But something tells me it has to do with this:
    "We don't want to encourage customers to sign up and cancel a month later because we don't not get the bounty unless the customer remains with the Verizon service for two months."

As in, they are now saying you have to pay the activation fee every time you turn your data plan back on. Lame. This is why I want a WiFi Only option. Carriers are greedy!
    This has nothing to do with Verizon, and is actually a contradiction to their own policy. I asked my Verizon rep this very question last week, and was told that you only pay the activation fee once, and that is it. Even if you discontinue the data plan for months at a time, another activation fee will not apply.

Best Buy is going to have a hell of a time enforcing this, and everyone could fight it with ease.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, Best Buy is evil then. lol

This info needs to propagate on the internet so folks like you who want the 3G model aren't scared off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads