• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Moto sent a survey to Best Buy

This is a discussion on Moto sent a survey to Best Buy within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Originally Posted by ckeegan This has nothing to do with Verizon, and is actually a contradiction to their own policy. I asked my Verizon rep ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
    This has nothing to do with Verizon, and is actually a contradiction to their own policy. I asked my Verizon rep this very question last week, and was told that you only pay the activation fee once, and that is it. Even if you discontinue the data plan for months at a time, another activation fee will not apply.

Best Buy is going to have a hell of a time enforcing this, and everyone could fight it with ease.
    Actually it has everything to do with Verizon. They wont allow us to sell the devices without activation. In fact I just talked to my Verizon district rep yesterday about it and its an agreeement between us and Verizon. You are making it seem like best buy is charging you for the activation and the service, which isn't true.

My Verizon rep told me the activation charge is appliciable each time you activate, so at this point im not quite sure what to believe. If there isn't a charge for turning off and on a mobile hotspot for a.phone, why would there be for a tablet.

Im going to dig more into this one, because I plan on getting the twenty dollar 1 gig plan but not quote sure if I will need it each month.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I'm not sure what to believe either! Now I'm reading that the 1 month data requirement on the Galaxy Tab is a Best Buy thing, and there's no data requirement if you buy the G-Tab at Verizon? Is that true? If so, and the Xoom follows the same pattern, then maybe I've been cursing the wrong company for this ridiculous one month data requirement. So does Best Buy require activation and a data plan so they can pocket some extra fees, or does Verizon somehow how force them to require it as a cost of selling Verizon's service??? And when can I just go buy a frikkin wifi-only Xoom so I don't have to worry about data plans????

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Maybe Verizon noticed that people on the internet are wising up and made Best Buy change their policy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Ads