• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Moto sent a survey to Best Buy

This is a discussion on Moto sent a survey to Best Buy within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; So about me: I am a District Sales Manager for Sierra Wireless. We make aircards for AT&T, Sprint, Clear, and Best Buy carries their products. ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Moto sent a survey to Best Buy

So about me: I am a District Sales Manager for Sierra Wireless. We make aircards for AT&T, Sprint, Clear, and Best Buy carries their products. I visit all these Corp locations in my region.

I visited two Best Buys today and both confirmed a survey was sent by Motorola asking them their opinion on the device. One of the questions was based on price. They said that the region had a 100% participation, which was extremely rare. Everyone all agreed it was over priced and felt the product would not move off shelves at $799. They said Motorola is quickly going to decided on if they want to launch at that price or lower it.

Hopefully this is good news and we could possibly see a lower price. Either way I'll be getting it at the employee discount, since someone that works for Best Buy is going to hook me up.
    Last edited by Pikapp168; 02-15-2011 at 03:51 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Will it still be pre order on the 17th? Wish I knew someone who worked in BB in NY/NJ.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Yes, they said launch plans had not changed. One interesting thing is that I was at another BB on Monday and the rep was reading the info on the Xoom. I asked if there was a price set on it and they said in the employee read file it said that the price range was 700-800$. it did not exactly say $799. It just new tablet: and the details but no specific price.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    All we can do is hope. Again this was from two mobile managers. They would have no reason to lie to me. Let's just hope!!

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If they lower the price to $700, I still wouldn't buy it. That's a step in the right direction, and will compete with the iPad a little better at that price, but I think they need to take into account the majority of buyers who want the entry level model (WiFi only) for various reasons (Price, not tied to a carrier, or for 'just casual' users..For me, it's all three of these) This is where they need to act in order to succeed. Lowering the price a little on the 3G model is a start, but a WiFi only version for under 6 Benjamins would seal the deal.

If you want to make your voice heard on the WiFi only option, see this thread. I think they are starting to listen, so now is the time to speak up.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I replied to their official Moto Facebook page.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just saw your post there. It was very well stated and I only wish that status had more posts like yours instead of people complaining about bootloaders (when we haven't seen any evidence that it's locked), but the fact that just about every other post mentions a WiFi model speaks volumes.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thank you. If there is one thing I've learned over my 33 years of life it's that you get more with sugar than you do with salt. Sometimes salt is important but for this I feel that a more professional approach is better and more well received.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    *High fives Eric*

Mission accomplished! $600 for the WiFi good for you? It's good for me!

[edit]
    I've got a buddy at Best Buy. I'll bet he can hook me up with one for around $500 (don't know what their discount % is.)
    Last edited by ArrTooDeeToo; 02-16-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I was just at my local Best Buy. I spoke to two of the mobile guys there and they confirmed a Moto rep was in earlier. They also seemed pretty confident there was NO pre-order happening tomorrow. I have a feeling they are just un-educated about it - seeing that they knew extremely little about the device in general. Yet if Moto was in, you would think they would at least mention the pre-sale. Can anyone confirm?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads