• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Question from an iPad 2 owner

This is a discussion on Question from an iPad 2 owner within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; I still am thiking about a xoom and a playbook. Hopefully release info on the playbook this week. I am so torn between them. Xoom ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Question from an iPad 2 owner

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I still am thiking about a xoom and a playbook. Hopefully release info on the playbook this week. I am so torn between them. Xoom and android 3.0 is buggy and I DON'T want buggy.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakuzagang5 View Post
    Btw, sold my iPad 2 32GB wifi on ebay for $1,100 about an hour ago Its xoom time lol
    HOLY COW!!! Congrats on that score!!! That's reason enough to switch. ;-) Buy a XOOM and pocket several hundred dollars. Very nice!

DrivetheGreen66
    Yeah, screw you thanks. Im trying to be an adult here, and get good reasons to switch. FAIL

Btw, sold my iPad 2 32GB wifi on ebay for $1,100 about an hour ago Its xoom time lol
    Thats a nice profit. I've been trying to purchase an iPad to make a few dollars, but every morning the Apple store is Sold Out.

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    To be honest, I prefer the Xoom over the iPad in general mostly cause I like to set up things the way I like to. The iOS is not that 'friendly' or customizable. Even some of my iPad using coworkers say that they would LOVE to have the ability to do a dashboard setup , like the way I have mine setup and I was just preferring a certain look. The widgets, allow a more interesting look that what I see as a giant iPhone/iTouch which basically is nothing more than a bunch of icons on selectable screens but that is about it.

On a more unbiased note, Xoom is a fairly reasonable competitor to the iPad. My co-workers also stated that while the xoom has something they would like on an iPad, it doesn't make them want to go get it. the iPad 2 does not offer anything that really would make them go out and get it or replace their iPad at this time.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    You can put widget son the ipad if you jailbreak it. You can also view flash with and without jailbreaking it.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times
    Quote Originally Posted by theonegod View Post
    You can put widget son the ipad if you jailbreak it. You can also view flash with and without jailbreaking it.
    The widgets available to my jailbroken iPad are a joke and nowhere near as functional as Android widgets. Also, I've got "Frash" on my iPad, also SkyFire, and neither of them handle Flash nearly as well as my Xoom does with its "buggy" beta version Flash 10.2.

People keep saying the Xoom is "buggy" but I think that's mostly from people who have spent more time reading about the problems than actually experiencing them. I rarely have a crash on my Xoom, where my jailbroken iPad randomly "resprings" at the most inopportune times it seems. Honeycomb isn't perfect, and neither is iOS, and if anyone thinks the Blackberry OS is going to be without flaws they are crazy.
    kris and jrmdroid like this.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I think you will be happy with the Xoom. I have not had any problems at all and hardly ever use my laptop anymore. It will get even better with the 4G upgrade (if you live in a market that has it) and there is a lot of great help on this forum, I have been reading and learning since Mar 2 when I got it. Ignore the trash, not worth wasting time.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    sauzman
    By purchasing the iPad2 you did one thing right. You sold it for more than you paid. What a great investment.
    jrmdroid and johnny cizzle like this.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Twitter
    @dimitri407
    $1,100? Holy Sh*t. Excuse my language but WOW. That will give you plenty for the Xoom and all the accessories you will ever need plus some. Hope to see you on the Xoom soon. Love it when the community gets bigger and may I also be the first to welcome you to the Xoom.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    CONGRATS!!!! I assume you got that amount due to the IPAD2 is pretty much on back order now. You tapped into someone who could not wait and needed to have the IPAD2 now. Good for you!! I wonder if it was my neighbor.... LOL He has one on back order....I told him he should have gotten a XOOM....

Quote Originally Posted by superbike81 View Post
    People keep saying the Xoom is "buggy" but I think that's mostly from people who have spent more time reading about the problems than actually experiencing them. I rarely have a crash on my Xoom, where my jailbroken iPad randomly "resprings" at the most inopportune times it seems. Honeycomb isn't perfect, and neither is iOS, and if anyone thinks the Blackberry OS is going to be without flaws they are crazy.
    I Totally Agree!!! I am on my XOOM 85% of the time when I am at Home and I do not have any issues at all. Until you own a XOOM you will not know if it is buggy or not. I own and It is not buggy for me.
    NEW Phone Moto RAZR | Not Rooted | ROM: Stock 2.3.5 Gingerbread)
    Phone OG Droid | Rooted | ROM: SS 5.6 (Gingerbread)
    Tablet XOOM | Not Rooted | ROM: Stock 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)

"Never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads