• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

I'm thinking of returning my Xoom...

This is a discussion on I'm thinking of returning my Xoom... within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; I'm thinking of returning my Xoom because: 15-minute return window not enough time to review apps Becuase of (1), once downloaded, you don't have time ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I'm thinking of returning my Xoom...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy I'm thinking of returning my Xoom...

I'm thinking of returning my Xoom because:
    1. 15-minute return window not enough time to review apps
    2. Becuase of (1), once downloaded, you don't have time to return
    3. Because of (1), cannotsee how well (non-Honeycomb) apps work on the Xoom, and if there are any showstoppers
    4. Dearth of apps. Despite claims of apps being added at a high pace, there are only 16 (!) apps in the Market for Honeycomb. Ick.
    And no, an iPad is not the solution, because there is *no* return period at all.
    Apple's policy sucks, and now Google is about to go on my badlist as well.

Good job, Google, good job (not!)

And Honeycomb apps are comming at a *glacial* pace....

Help! Evil Corporation$.

Google's claim of "helping developers" is bull.

This is *not* why I bought a tablet. For them to rape my wallet.

Do any of you have suggestions?
    Last edited by tp76; 03-22-2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: language

2. # ADS
    Ads

Newsworthy
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    Nope I dont feel any pain! I am too busy haveing fun with my xoom tablet!. I find the xoom to be a verry usefull tool. I know that it will take a little time for the apps to catch up with the xoom. What I do is just download the free apps at this time. When all the apps have been tryed and aproved for the xoom I will then start buying the apps I will find usefull!
    Last edited by goldsworthy; 03-22-2011 at 02:55 PM.
    The opinions above are solely those of a 12 year old hacker who has broken into my account, and not those of my employer or any other organization.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    There's 48 apps that are "Tablet Specific" and many many more that are optimized for tablet use. That number is growing day to day and week to week. The market is extremely detailed now offering details on whether it is optimized for Honeycomb, screen shots, videos, and other details about the app. Maybe research each app before you buy? If you are that hesitant that you could want to return, there is an "Apps" section of this forum in which you can get other users' opinions on it.

Love my XOOM!!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by h1bR1d7hEoRy View Post
    There's 48 apps that are "Tablet Specific" and many many more that are optimized for tablet use. That number is growing day to day and week to week. The market is extremely detailed now offering details on whether it is optimized for Honeycomb, screen shots, videos, and other details about the app. Maybe research each app before you buy? If you are that hesitant that you could want to return, there is an "Apps" section of this forum in which you can get other users' opinions on it.

Love my XOOM!!
    You just made my day!

I just searched for "optimized" in the market.
    Last edited by VerizonLover; 03-22-2011 at 03:37 PM.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The 48 "featured tablet applications" in the market aren't even all apps built specifically for honeycomb, nor does that list include all apps that were. Try experimenting with different searches on the market, and look at user-created lists:

"Optimized For Honeycomb" Apps List
    The officially unofficial "Optimized For Honeycomb" Apps list - Android Forums

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Twitter
    @dimitri407
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonLover View Post
    I'm thinking of returning my Xoom because:
    1. 15-minute return window not enough time to review apps
    2. Becuase of (1), once downloaded, you don't have time to return
    3. Because of (1), cannotsee how well (non-Honeycomb) apps work on the Xoom, and if there are any showstoppers
    4. Dearth of apps. Despite claims of apps being added at a high pace, there are only 16 (!) apps in the Market for Honeycomb. Ick.
    And no, an iPad is not the solution, because there is *no* return period at all.
    Apple's policy sucks, and now Google is about to go on my badlist as well.

Good job, Google, good job (not!)

And Honeycomb apps are comming at a *glacial* pace....

Help! Evil Corporation$.

Google's claim of "helping developers" is bull.

This is *not* why I bought a tablet. For them to rape my wallet.

Do any of you have suggestions?
    3 post on the forum and this is what you have to say about the Xoom? WOW. Ok bye.

"Google's claim of helping developers is Bull": Are you a dev? If not, how can you state this. Google has made it so that many smal and large developers have been able to make a name for themselves and make a living off of their ideas.

"16 apps for Honeycombe": Last time I checked there are 48 apps in just the FEATURED APPS FOR TABLETS. Learn to count. This number also doesn't include the number of other apps that are compatible with the Xoom. And what is Dearth of apps.

Sorry that you have had such a bad experience with the Xoom but maybe you should do a little research about a device including a phone before you purchase it. And hey, at least you have 15 days to return your Xoom.
    Last edited by tp76; 03-22-2011 at 06:02 PM. Reason: quoted language

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    It takes time to develop apps. I wouldn't call the pace glacial. It would be nice if the return window was bigger but it is a heck of a lot better than no returns at all which is what you get everywhere else.

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Twitter
    XoomFAQ
    I guess you are not going with any Android product because the 15 time limit is for everything not just the Xoom

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Twitter
    @dimitri407
    Quote Originally Posted by Debian Dog View Post
    I guess you are not going with any Android product because the 15 time limit is for everything not just the Xoom
    Don't forget. He's not going with Apple either since they don't have a return policy.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Why do people have such gut/spur of the moment reactions? Write your message and read it before you post it. I read yours and picture someone on the floor on their stomach pounding their fists and kicking their feet. I think the pace for development has been fine. The tablet has been out 3 1/2 weeks. If I get something new every week or couple of weeks its like a neverending gift so I stay pleased...
    Last edited by donnie666; 03-22-2011 at 06:00 PM.
    kris likes this.
    Xoom- HC Rooted and Over-clocked @ 1604 2.2.2 Tiamat Moray

Droid Bionic - Rooted and Free Hotspot

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads