• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Battle Of The Honeycomb Tablet, Xoom vs Galaxy Tab 10.1 vs G-Slate

This is a discussion on Battle Of The Honeycomb Tablet, Xoom vs Galaxy Tab 10.1 vs G-Slate within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; The battle for the Honeycomb tablet is on and we’re SUPPPEEERR (said with high pitch lisp) excited for devices to come out with what’s being ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Battle Of The Honeycomb Tablet, Xoom vs Galaxy Tab 10.1 vs G-Slate

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    398 times
    Twitter
    XoomForum

Battle Of The Honeycomb Tablet, Xoom vs Galaxy Tab 10.1 vs G-Slate

The battle for the Honeycomb tablet is on and we’re SUPPPEEERR (said with high pitch lisp) excited for devices to come out with what’s being dubbed as the hottest OS for a tablet, ever. Alright, so I made that up, but it’s somewhat true right? For now, there aren’t many choices one can have if they want Android 3.0, but it’s only a matter of time before more devices surface with sweet Honeycomb for the masses. So, that being said, lets check out what we do have a choice of and do a little compare and contrast, thanks to some incredible photos and hands-on by our good chaps over at Engadget.

Motorola Xoom – Up first, the device that started it all. The Motorola Xoom, the initial device to launch with Honeycomb 3.0, which was first unveiled at All Things D by Andy Rubin himself. The tablet sports a 10.1-inch multi-touch capacitive screen, 1280 x 768 screen resolution and a Tegra 2 dual-core 1GHz processor like its other opponents. In addition, it comes with a 5 MP HD camcorder, a front-facing camera for video chats, full 1080p HD video playback support and even comes equipped with a gyroscope.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 – A follow up to one of the original android tablets to first hit the market, the Galaxy Tab (7-inch) device. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 however, says it all. Obviously, it sports a 10.1-inch capacitive multi-touch screen, the expected 1GHz dual-core CPU from Nvidia, an 8 MP camera (rear), 2 MP front-facing, 1080p recording and playback and it will come in either a 16 GB or 32GB model. There will also be 3G and WiFi support for the device.

T-Mobile LG G-Slate – The G-Slate aka LG Optimus Pad, comes in at a slightly smaller screen size around 8.9-inches. It will also house the Tegra 2 chip set and come with 3D functionality, if that’s your thing. The device will be capable of running on T-Mobile’s 4G network (HSPA+ 21-42 mb/s), multi-touch display, the ability to record in 3D and full HD video. Furthermore, the device will support 720p HD on-device video playback and HDMI output to show 1080p content on 3D and HD displays. You can find the device available with 32 GB of on board storage and of course, touting the Honeycomb 3.0 operating system.

Motorola Xoom:

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1:

T-Mobile LG G-Slate:

So, which device stands out to you the most? Which one are you looking forward to getting your hands on?

talkandroid
    Maverick likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Not a big deal, but isn't the Xoom 1280x800?

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    XOOM still wins
    Maverick likes this.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    If the Xoom turns out to be tooo pricey, and right now, from what we're hearing it is. I'll probably end up waiting for the price to drop, or to jump on one of the other 10.x" Honeycomb competitors that should be coming out soon (eg. HTC, ACER, Toshiba, etc...).

The Xoom is an awesome looking product, just wish it was priced so dang high.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    356 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    I still think the Xoom will be the best seller out of all of them.
    Maverick likes this.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    What kind of cost premium is the 3D video/3D camera component on the G-Slate going to add?? I'm definitely not sold on the need for 3D or a 3D camera in a tablet. Of course, I'm not really sold on the need for a camera in a tablet, other than I guess you have to a have a camera in everything now. I know there were rumors of the G-Slate/Optimus pad being almost a thousand euros in Germany. Maybe that was just a placeholder. Something tells me though that the price on that one, unless T-Mobile hobbles it in some way, is going to make the Xoom look cheap.
    Maverick likes this.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm a 3d enthusiast but the cellphone version of g-slate has the built in 3D screen with poor viewing angle. G-slate can only display red- blue 3D on it's screen so you'll use hdmi for most viewing. Plus limited support by the general community for two cameras and the fact it's not the developers tablet of choice keeps pushing me back to the xoom.
    Maverick likes this.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    All of the honeycomb tablets are very......samey. Its kinda sad really.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Twitter
    TRAV29
    I like the Xoom the msot.
    Maverick likes this.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Without pricing this argument is near redundant since all 3 tablets are pretty much the same thing.

Galaxy is lighter because it is made from hard plastic, where XOOM is made from some metal. G-Slate is too small for me and has too big of a bezel. It's the tab or xoom for me, but USB port might just swing it XOOM's way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads