• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Xoom stuck! Please help!

This is a discussion on Xoom stuck! Please help! within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; I have a US WIFI Xoom, that has been happily running the official ICS, and has never been rooted. I haven't had any problems until ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Xoom stuck! Please help!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Xoom stuck! Please help!

I have a US WIFI Xoom, that has been happily running the official ICS, and has never been rooted. I haven't had any problems until now. The Xoom was really sluggish (this has happened occasionally), so I decided to reboot it with the power button + the volume up switch, I have done this many times -- no problem.

Tonight, though, while the Dual Core logo was being displayed, I accidentally pressed the volume down button. A message appeared at the top of the screen -- something about entering fastboot protocol mode. After a few seconds, nothing changed -- and I decided to simply try and re-reboot it. So, I again pressed the power + volume up buttons. Now, the Xoom is stuck at the Dual Core logo.

I am guessing that I accidentally wiped the ROM -- although it is hard to believe that it is so easy to do!

Any ideas how I can get my Xoom up and running again?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    More info -- seems to be of the "not good" kind. I rebooted the Xoom (power + volume up) and found that I could use the volume down button to select a few choices -- include "Android Recovery Mode". The Xoom then tried to recover, but eventually ended up showing me an android guy lying down with a red triangle/black exclamation mark in its open chest. A minute or two later, the Xoom is stuck back at the Dual Core screen.

ARGH!

Technician X
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Twitter
    Hmong_Xiong
    Quote Originally Posted by mreuss View Post
    I have a US WIFI Xoom, that has been happily running the official ICS, and has never been rooted. I haven't had any problems until now. The Xoom was really sluggish (this has happened occasionally), so I decided to reboot it with the power button + the volume up switch, I have done this many times -- no problem.

Tonight, though, while the Dual Core logo was being displayed, I accidentally pressed the volume down button. A message appeared at the top of the screen -- something about entering fastboot protocol mode. After a few seconds, nothing changed -- and I decided to simply try and re-reboot it. So, I again pressed the power + volume up buttons. Now, the Xoom is stuck at the Dual Core logo.

I am guessing that I accidentally wiped the ROM -- although it is hard to believe that it is so easy to do!

Any ideas how I can get my Xoom up and running again?

Thanks!

More info -- seems to be of the "not good" kind. I rebooted the Xoom (power + volume up) and found that I could use the volume down button to select a few choices -- include "Android Recovery Mode". The Xoom then tried to recover, but eventually ended up showing me an android guy lying down with a red triangle/black exclamation mark in its open chest. A minute or two later, the Xoom is stuck back at the Dual Core screen.

ARGH!
    Go back into recovery and try wiping everything (data/factory reset, cache) and than reboot by clicking on reboot system

Volume rockers highlights
    Power button is to click it

Motorola Xoom: Team EOS ICS Nightlies

Google+ ---------- Twitter
    Phones: Droid || Droid 2 || Droid RAZR || Galaxy S Fascinate || HTC Inspire 4G || Galaxy S III
    Tablet: Xoom || TF300T || Note 10.1 || TF700T || -Laptop-

Technician X
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Twitter
    Hmong_Xiong
    That's if ur stuck on the logo forever

Motorola Xoom: Team EOS ICS Nightlies

Google+ ---------- Twitter
    Phones: Droid || Droid 2 || Droid RAZR || Galaxy S Fascinate || HTC Inspire 4G || Galaxy S III
    Tablet: Xoom || TF300T || Note 10.1 || TF700T || -Laptop-

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Wow - things are really bad, I cannot even successfully do a full factory reset. When I try to do so, as part of the Android Recovery Mode, I get a bunch of errors -- I have typed the following by hand, so please excuse any typos:

E:Can't open /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/misc
    (No such file or directory)
    E:failed to mount /cache (No such file or directory)

-- Wiping data...
    Formatting /data...
    E:format_volume: make_extf4fs failed oned /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/userdata
    Formatting /cache...
    E:format_volume: make_extf4fs failed oned /dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/cache
    Data wipe complete.
    E:failed to mount /cache (No such file or directory)

After that, there are a whole bunch more errors, all due to the fact that /cache is not present.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh -- and rebooting after the above results in being stuck at the Dual Core logo.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Umm -- okay, now I am **REALLY** confused. After trying to reboot a few more times, suddenly the ICS startup animation came up. Ok -- so I was expecting that I'd be at a factory fresh ICS, with no user data. But I was WRONG -- the Xoom booted and EVERYTHING is back!

WTF??????

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by mreuss View Post
    Umm -- okay, now I am **REALLY** confused. After trying to reboot a few more times, suddenly the ICS startup animation came up. Ok -- so I was expecting that I'd be at a factory fresh ICS, with no user data. But I was WRONG -- the Xoom booted and EVERYTHING is back!

WTF??????
    When you do a factory data reset it restores to the last OS you were on, not to right out of the box.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I had the same experience and freaked out completely because I'm a zero when it comes to root, boot imagens or even lock, unlock... You can't imagine how many posts I read trying to find a solution, I learned how to wipe data/factory, but still, stuck on M dot - panic. Luck me, I read in a forum to try to remove the SIM and SD card and then wipe data factory... You can't imagine how happy I am! Got my xoom back and it couldn't be anyway easier. Hope it works to everyone else with same issue. Let us know!
    Astrix likes this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by guibadaro View Post
    I had the same experience and freaked out completely because I'm a zero when it comes to root, boot imagens or even lock, unlock... You can't imagine how many posts I read trying to find a solution, I learned how to wipe data/factory, but still, stuck on M dot - panic. Luck me, I read in a forum to try to remove the SIM and SD card and then wipe data factory... You can't imagine how happy I am! Got my xoom back and it couldn't be anyway easier. Hope it works to everyone else with same issue. Let us know!
    Welcome to the forum.Glad you decided to join us.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads