• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

how to download ics stock browser

This is a discussion on how to download ics stock browser within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; My stock browser has managed to lose all my bookmarks, The folders are there but they are empty, I Went to settings>Sync to resync The ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Question how to download ics stock browser

My stock browser has managed to lose all my bookmarks, The folders are there but they are empty, I Went to settings>Sync to resync The browser, It won't sync . I had The same problem With honeycombE Too, It Refused to Sync after about a month But it never Managed to lose the Existing Bookmarks. Unlike IcS. I have Downloaded The Beta chrome browser And it now appears under Settings>Sync So I Now Have all my Bookmarks Back. Problem Is No widget For Chrome And I have got used To the stock browser widget on my Xoom. Also it Keeps Blxxdy Auto Capping Every word and I can't TURN IT OFF!!!

OUESTION AS I CAn get my bookmarks Sync,d with Chrome I Reckon that The stock Browser has become corrupted So I need to Download The stock ICS browser But It Ain't In markeT/play So where Will I Find It??

As You Can see From this Post chrome beta is not Working Well for me!, HELP PLEASE IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS,
    Last edited by thameslock; 03-12-2012 at 07:27 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Twitter
    ChrisFrontRoyal
    The APKs of pre-loaded apps are in your /system/app folder

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by thameslock View Post
    My stock browser has managed to lose all my bookmarks, The folders are there but they are empty, I Went to settings>Sync to resync The browser, It won't sync . I had The same problem With honeycombE Too, It Refused to Sync after about a month But it never Managed to lose the Existing Bookmarks. Unlike IcS. I have Downloaded The Beta chrome browser And it now appears under Settings>Sync So I Now Have all my Bookmarks Back. Problem Is No widget For Chrome And I have got used To the stock browser widget on my Xoom. Also it Keeps Blxxdy Auto Capping Every word and I can't TURN IT OFF!!!

OUESTION AS I CAn get my bookmarks Sync,d with Chrome I Reckon that The stock Browser has become corrupted So I need to Download The stock ICS browser But It Ain't In markeT/play So where Will I Find It??

As You Can see From this Post chrome beta is not Working Well for me!, HELP PLEASE IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS,
    Try a soft reboot, press and hold the power button and the volume up button together until the Xoom starts to reboot, then release them both and see if the bookmarks return.

LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisonline View Post
    The APKs of pre-loaded apps are in your /system/app folder
    Thanks Chris, Just Found it in System/app Folder But When I click on install I get "App Not installed" Any Ideas?.

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Hemel Hempstead (North West London), England
    Liked
    26 times
    Use Opera, much better.
    HTC One X
    ROM: Android Revolution HD 9.1.0
    Android: 4.0.4
    Sense: 4.1
    Kernel: Stock
    Build: 2.17.401.2
    Mods: jotha's Honeycomb Battery Mod, Centered Clock & EQS & vegetaleb's Transparent HTC Clock Weather Widget

Motorola Xoom 32gb (+32gb SD Card) UK WiFi Only
    ROM: Team EOS 3 Jelly Bean Wingray Nightlies
    Build: EOS-wingray-20120722-123 - Gapps 20120722
    Android: 4.1.1

Xoom Assassin

Member #
    Liked
    375 times
    did you try going into apps and clearing the data and cache of the browser app?

also, you can try ICS browser+. its basically the stock browser but with a few additions, like the ability to keep desktop mode always on. i use it and it syncs my bookmarks just fine.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308

LG V60 Dual Screen
    Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 7 Pro

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    thanks for the suggestions ...trouble is'I really like the stock browser!! does ics+ have the bookmarks widget too,thats a must have for me..I find it strange that market has a good few of the preinstalled apps available but not the browser!, I have been looking fo an excuse to root my xoom, perhaps now is the time. thanks again JohnO

Xoom Assassin

Member #
    Liked
    375 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thameslock View Post
    thanks for the suggestions ...trouble is'I really like the stock browser!! does ics+ have the bookmarks widget too,thats a must have for me..I find it strange that market has a good few of the preinstalled apps available but not the browser!, I have been looking fo an excuse to root my xoom, perhaps now is the time. thanks again JohnO
    I'm going to guess that browser+ does have the widget since I have 2 bookmark Widgets available

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardo Numspa View Post
    I'm going to guess that browser+ does have the widget since I have 2 bookmark Widgets available
    Thanks for that sardo...browser+ seeks too many permissions for my liking, just no need for some of them for a browser. I have done a full factory reset,just to try and solve the problem,bookmarks sync'd on initial run but not since and NOT solved the problem still have empty folders although ome folder does still have it's bookmarks te other eight are empty, gets stranger by the minute...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads