• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Transfer from SD card to Internal Drive problem

This is a discussion on Transfer from SD card to Internal Drive problem within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Hi, i'm not to the forums here so i apologize if this has already been answered. But as the title says i'm having problems getting ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Transfer from SD card to Internal Drive problem

Hi, i'm not to the forums here so i apologize if this has already been answered. But as the title says i'm having problems getting the files i transfer from my SD card to my internal drive to work. I encoded some anime i downloaded with DVD catalyst to the xoom specification and it works perfectly! however the problem comes when i try play the file (which works fine when running from SD card) on my internal hard drive. Whenever i try open an episode, I just get "Fail to open file" even thought the exact same file loads fine when loading from my SD card. Does anyone know a fix to this problem, or does something change when i copy and paste from SD card to Internal drive?

clarification:
    • file "X" plays on SD card
    • file "X" does not play when transferred to internal drive from SD card

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by abant7 View Post
    Hi, i'm not to the forums here so i apologize if this has already been answered. But as the title says i'm having problems getting the files i transfer from my SD card to my internal drive to work. I encoded some anime i downloaded with DVD catalyst to the xoom specification and it works perfectly! however the problem comes when i try play the file (which works fine when running from SD card) on my internal hard drive. Whenever i try open an episode, I just get "Fail to open file" even thought the exact same file loads fine when loading from my SD card. Does anyone know a fix to this problem, or does something change when i copy and paste from SD card to Internal drive?

clarification:
    • file "X" plays on SD card
    • file "X" does not play when transferred to internal drive from SD card
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. Doesn't make sense to me as I've played movies converted with DVD Catalyst from both my internal and sdcard. You might try putting them on internal storage directly from your PC.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. Doesn't make sense to me as I've played movies converted with DVD Catalyst from both my internal and sdcard. You might try putting them on internal storage directly from your PC.
    Hi, and thanks. I cannot transfer from PC to internal storage as my PC does not download the drivers for the xoom for some reason, therefore i tried getting around that problem by transferring from PC to SD card, then SD card to internal storage. That is my problem, when i transfer from SD to Internal storage, the file i just transferred does not play even though it plays on the internal storage. Not sure if that clarified anything.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by abant7 View Post
    Hi, and thanks. I cannot transfer from PC to internal storage as my PC does not download the drivers for the xoom for some reason, therefore i tried getting around that problem by transferring from PC to SD card, then SD card to internal storage. That is my problem, when i transfer from SD to Internal storage, the file i just transferred does not play even though it plays on the internal storage. Not sure if that clarified anything.
    Have you tried these drivers.
    http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/...iver_5.4.0.exe

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    yeah I have downloaded these before and it doesn't work, MZ604 shows up in my Devices and Printers under "unspecified", i've tried troubleshooting, repairing, un-installing and re-installing, and nothing seems to work. This is why I tried the SD to Internal Drive route and that kind of works, but won't play my anime :@ .

Remove Ads

Ads