• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Motorola Xoom touchscreen issues

This is a discussion on Motorola Xoom touchscreen issues within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Hello there. I hope some one cant help me fix this problem, its drivin me crazy. The touchscreen in my xoom doesn't register "touch and ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Motorola Xoom touchscreen issues

Hello there.
    I hope some one cant help me fix this problem, its drivin me crazy.

The touchscreen in my xoom doesn't register "touch and hold" very well. Let me explain.

Some times, i start the xoom and i cant touch and hold anything (it register the touch and hold as a single touch). I restart the xoom and the problem "goes away".
    To see what was going on, i when to settings, developer option, and activated "pointer location". When this option is active, it shows where in the screen your finger is pressing and with how much pressure you are pressing.

So, if i put my finger in the screen, it shows the "pressure meter" jumping up and down, even if im applying constant pressure. It jumps up and down so much, that it finally stops detecting my finger until y release and touch again. So when my xoom doesn't register "touch and hold" is actually registering for a very short period of time, because of the "jumping" of the pressure meter.

I dont know if im making myself clear on the problem. My brother also has a xoom, and his xoom register the pressure constant. without the jumping efect.

I did a hard resert on the xoom but didn't work. i have never drop it, or splashed whit water. Is completely intact.

What could this be? Hardware problem? Bad touchscreen sensors? software?

Any advice apreciated

thanks

P.S. Im making a video of the problem as soon as i can.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by klopp View Post
    Hello there.
    I hope some one cant help me fix this problem, its drivin me crazy.

The touchscreen in my xoom doesn't register "touch and hold" very well. Let me explain.

Some times, i start the xoom and i cant touch and hold anything (it register the touch and hold as a single touch). I restart the xoom and the problem "goes away".
    To see what was going on, i when to settings, developer option, and activated "pointer location". When this option is active, it shows where in the screen your finger is pressing and with how much pressure you are pressing.

So, if i put my finger in the screen, it shows the "pressure meter" jumping up and down, even if im applying constant pressure. It jumps up and down so much, that it finally stops detecting my finger until y release and touch again. So when my xoom doesn't register "touch and hold" is actually registering for a very short period of time, because of the "jumping" of the pressure meter.

I dont know if im making myself clear on the problem. My brother also has a xoom, and his xoom register the pressure constant. without the jumping efect.

I did a hard resert on the xoom but didn't work. i have never drop it, or splashed whit water. Is completely intact.

What could this be? Hardware problem? Bad touchscreen sensors? software?

Any advice apreciated

thanks

P.S. Im making a video of the problem as soon as i can.
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. I don't know if you're willing to go to this extreme but here it is.

http://www.xoomforums.com/forum/moto...nsiveness.html

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Remove Ads

Ads