• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Replacement Battery/Parts

This is a discussion on Replacement Battery/Parts within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; I have a xoom tablet bought nearly 3 years ago. The battery is not getting charged. I have tried different wall sockets and so on. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a xoom tablet bought nearly 3 years ago. The battery is not getting charged. I have tried different wall sockets and so on. When I put it on charge, for a minute the charging symbol is on, and then it goes off. I am wondering if the battery is near the end of its life. How will we know if the battery is at its end of life?

On youtube they show two videos, one about changing the charging port and another about changing the battery itself. I would rather give it to a service center and get it changed. But there is no information on where I can find a service support in Bangalore, India. The website lists a few numbers. But they all tell me they handle only android devices. When I clarify that xoom is a android device, they blink and then say they handle only cellphones. I asked for a support center reference. They gave me a national service support number. Even they seemed to think if they tell me they service android devices only I should understand it to mean, cellphones. I asked for help getting a tablet service center. They asked me to call a toll free number in USA. I called them, and they in turn asked me to call a toll free number in India.... You guessed it, they were the guys I started with.

What is the situation. Motorola has ditched the product with no interest in providing any alternate service / support information.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Agent Xoom
    Member #
    Liked
    102 times
    I'd have thought a side street shop that repairs cell-phones would be able to change the battery. Particularly if you show them the youtube video! Most of these guys know sources for replacement batteries.

Good luck.
    Cheers
    Ted

xoom wifi, running stock 4.0.4, yes really!
    Sony Xperia Z Tablet 32 gb WiFi.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi all! I have a Motorola Xoom 2 MZ616. I bought him a new battery. The same factory with the new battery (3.7V Li-Ion polymer, type: Motorola TB40). The new battery is "unknown" to as shown in the android, and one ? signal is a battery icon in place. It does not show that charged. Necessary fixed in? format it, or how to revive brought into use a new battery?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Ads