• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Xoom locked on red M screen, device not recognized - need help

This is a discussion on Xoom locked on red M screen, device not recognized - need help within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Hi, partial noob here, I've rooted a different Xoom but this one was stock US wifi only, MZ604. Amazon appstore was restarting continually so I ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Xoom locked on red M screen, device not recognized - need help

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Xoom locked on red M screen, device not recognized - need help

Hi, partial noob here, I've rooted a different Xoom but this one was stock US wifi only, MZ604.

Amazon appstore was restarting continually so I navigated away but left it open. Later in the day when I tried to reopen it, it crashed my Xoom. Now it is locked on red M screen. I can soft resest and get to "starting fastboot protocol support" but when connected to pc with oem usb, it doesn't show up under adb devices. If I adb reboot bootloader, it says device not found. I have checked my drivers, they show up under "Mot Single ADB Interface" with file version 1.1.0.0 and file version 1.7.6001.0 (two drivers). I have adb and fastboot in my SDK_tools folder, what am I missing?

Thanks for any help,
    Peter

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by pepond View Post
    Hi, partial noob here, I've rooted a different Xoom but this one was stock US wifi only, MZ604.

Amazon appstore was restarting continually so I navigated away but left it open. Later in the day when I tried to reopen it, it crashed my Xoom. Now it is locked on red M screen. I can soft resest and get to "starting fastboot protocol support" but when connected to pc with oem usb, it doesn't show up under adb devices. If I adb reboot bootloader, it says device not found. I have checked my drivers, they show up under "Mot Single ADB Interface" with file version 1.1.0.0 and file version 1.7.6001.0 (two drivers). I have adb and fastboot in my SDK_tools folder, what am I missing?

Thanks for any help,
    Peter
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us. Put it on the charger until the charge indicator turns green and leave it for 30 more minutes, now try a soft reboot.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ggrant,
    thanks for the response, I left it plugged in all night and it didn't make a difference.

Peter

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by pepond View Post
    Ggrant,
    thanks for the response, I left it plugged in all night and it didn't make a difference.

Peter
    Take a look at this thread and see if it might help.
    [HOW] To Flash SBF/RSD Method
    pepond likes this.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I think I've used SBF in the past with success but I can't find a Xoom wireless only file. The link from the post you mentioned only shows "VZW MZ604 signed IML77 combo sbf" which should be for Verizon ICS and others that I think are Verizon HC. Can't find anything different with web search. Will the LTE file work or will it dig me deeper?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I installed RSD Lite, my Xoom shows up and I think I should be able to flash it if I find the right SBF file. I found the file from the last time I used RSD on a different Xoom, it was the HTJ85B HC file. Both that one and the IML77 ICS file load into RSD but in the status column it says "type 52 chipset not supported.

Any ideas?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    OK, stupid mistake #1, (or 100?), I accidentally grabbed RSD 4.6 instead of 4.9. Now with 4.9 installed, it shows the XOOM connected in the status window but when I load either SBF file, the status changes to: "Phone(0000): Unable to retrieve initialization values from INI file."

Both files come up in RSD as 4G Tegra platforms but I am sure I used the HC file on a XOOM wifi before and it worked.

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    fastbot oem unlock

have you tried that?
    pepond likes this.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ggrant, thanks for all the help. I gave up on RSD (after switching to 5.0). I tried adb again and even though the command line did not acknowledge my Xoom, I was able to unlock it after getting a response on the Xoom screen in fastboot. Had a lot of help from this thread: [HOW TO] Recover Bricked Xoom from One Click Root. Xoom would not respond to adb commands for files in tools folder even with pathways set. I moved images to the root of C drive and used direct command navigation (eg: fastboot flash boot C:\boot.img). The recovery image failed repeatedly but I rebooted and tried again and it worked. Stay calm and keep trying. Now to fix my PC intermittent sleep issues.

Thanks again,
    Peter

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Rive,
    Just saw your post. I did have to unlock. I didn't try it at first because I couldn't get response to fastboot devices. I don't know what changed but it worked out.

Peter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads