• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

App flashs to start and returns to start page?

This is a discussion on App flashs to start and returns to start page? within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; I installed a Comcast app, Comcast TV I believe. When I sign on and it asks for location (zip) and then service level (Comcast Digital) ...

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    All a Twitter!

App flashs to start and returns to start page?

I installed a Comcast app, Comcast TV I believe. When I sign on and it asks for location (zip) and then service level (Comcast Digital) then goes to the listings and asks IS THIS THE SCHEDULE YOU WANT? I click on YES. Then it goes right back to the Xoom Start Page. I have emptied caches, emptied data, uninstalled and re-installed and still it want's to go back to the Xoom start page at the point I mentioned.

I thought this might be a Comcast app issue but then I remembered it's happened on several apps in the past.

Obvious question is now does anyone know why things do this? I can't use this app because it seems nothing I've done helps it resolve?

App-reciate and help you may have! ";-D jack

2. # ADS
    Ads

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    109 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JackdaShack View Post
    I installed a Comcast app, Comcast TV I believe. When I sign on and it asks for location (zip) and then service level (Comcast Digital) then goes to the listings and asks IS THIS THE SCHEDULE YOU WANT? I click on YES. Then it goes right back to the Xoom Start Page. I have emptied caches, emptied data, uninstalled and re-installed and still it want's to go back to the Xoom start page at the point I mentioned.

I thought this might be a Comcast app issue but then I remembered it's happened on several apps in the past.

Obvious question is now does anyone know why things do this? I can't use this app because it seems nothing I've done helps it resolve?

App-reciate and help you may have! ";-D jack
    are you rooted or stock? might need to turn off su if you are rooted. other than that probably a bad app. not sure exactly what causes it though.
    Xoom 4G/ Verizon
    Team EOS Jelly Bean Nightlies Rock!

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    All a Twitter!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdave240 View Post
    are you rooted or stock? might need to turn off su if you are rooted. other than that probably a bad app. not sure exactly what causes it though.
    Right. Rooted? Well I know enough about that to know I didn't go through that becuase the Xoom upgraded on it's own when I turned it on to ICS. So I think that means it's not rooted but stock. As to the app's behavior I'd say you're right but other apps have done it too in the past. Many stopped when I did a factory reset but I just did that not so long ago. The first time or so the app ran it was fine. Now, 3 pages in it wasn't to go right back to the start page. Here's an odd, sometimes I can see the next page for just a nano second and it goes right to the Xoom start page.

Thanks for the try! Maybe someone else has something but appreciate your effort!~ Jack ":-D

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    the best comcast app (i use it) is xfinity tv player

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    All a Twitter!
    Quote Originally Posted by rive View Post
    the best comcast app (i use it) is xfinity tv player
    I believe that's the one that's the prob. I called it Comcast TV above but it's Xfinity TV. Thanks however! Knowing how good it is I'm fumed I can't get it to run right. I don't know if it's a Xfinity prob or a Xoom prob but apps have done this before on this Xoom.

Remove Ads

Ads