• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

sleep mode

This is a discussion on sleep mode within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Got my Xoom a couple days ago and LOVE LOVE it so far! Is there a way to adjust the time before entering sleep mode? ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sleep mode

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

sleep mode

Got my Xoom a couple days ago and LOVE LOVE it so far! Is there a way to adjust the time before entering sleep mode? I haven't found anything on the forums pertaining to this and can't find in settings....am I missing it or is it not available?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Twitter
    garemlin
    Welcome to the forums!!!

You can change this by going into settings>screen>time-out and change how long before the screen times out there.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you Garemlin !

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

sleep frustration!

Not sure why Jep replied "thanks" as this was not a good answer. Anyone can find the setting to change the screen timeout.

The problem here is "how do you change the sleep time out" or put another way, how do you prevent or change the time before the xoom shuts down.
    For me this is by far the most frustrating aspect of the xoom.

At least my samsung galaxy tab comes right back to life (instant on) when I tap the power button on the side. With the xoom, you find it "shut down" and long boot up when you tap the power button (underneath the device, what a joke that is).

Of course there is a laundry list of bugs (which is why my iPad and iPad 2 are both much better devices).

Would someone kindly inform us how to configure the "sleep/shutdown" settings?

Final thought: folks, I have all of these devices. I don't know about you, but iPad 2 is much better. Feel free to flame me, but it's true.

Thanks!

ATP
    Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xoom-is-the-new-windows- View Post
    Not sure why Jep replied "thanks" as this was not a good answer. Anyone can find the setting to change the screen timeout.

The problem here is "how do you change the sleep time out" or put another way, how do you prevent or change the time before the xoom shuts down.

At least my samsung galaxy tab comes right back to life (instant on) when I tap the power button on the side. With the xoom, you find it "shut down" and long boot up when you tap the power button (underneath the device, what a joke that is).

Of course there is a laundry list of bugs (which is why my iPad and iPad 2 are both much better devices).

Final thought: folks, I have all of these devices. I don't know about you, but iPad 2 is much better. Feel free to flame me, but it's true.

Thanks!

Uhhhhh, my Xoom never shuts down unless I power it off. It instantly wakes up every time, no loading.
    Xoom Wifi - Rooted with Launchpad, OCd to 1.6Ghz with Droid Overclock.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    That doesn't sound right at all. Sleep mode is just that but sounds like yours is shutting off on its own. Maybe a wipe and reload?
    Bensode
    Debian, XOOM & Droid Enthusiast

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    No flaming from me! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They both have their flaws, unfortunately the xoom has more but I still love the damn thing so much!

Except when I try to stick a microsd card into the slot and nothing happens! J/K...i know...sore subject...i'm done

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Is there a way change the screen timeout deftly default? I like mine set st 30 minutes, but every time I charge or restart, it defaults back to 30 seconds.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Yup, you're an apple owner.

My xoom goes to sleep after 5 mins of not being used. I tap the (not long hold) power button and awake she comes.

lmao, for the love of apple....

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    not sure why jep replied "thanks" as this was not a good answer. Anyone can find the setting to change the screen timeout.

At least my samsung galaxy tab comes right back to life (instant on) when i tap the power button on the side. With the xoom, you find it "shut down" and long boot up when you tap the power button (underneath the device, what a joke that is).

Of course there is a laundry list of bugs (which is why my ipad and ipad 2 are both much better devices).

Final thought: Folks, i have all of these devices. I don't know about you, but ipad 2 is much better. Feel free to flame me, but it's true.

Thanks!
    lol!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads