• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Xoom - A new brick? :-(

This is a discussion on Xoom - A new brick? :-( within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; I have an original wireless only Xoom that I've given to my kids. A pattern locking code was applied to provide some security. One of ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Xoom - A new brick? :-(

I have an original wireless only Xoom that I've given to my kids. A pattern locking code was applied to provide some security. One of the other kids attempted the pattern too many times and it was locked out. The tablet was in airplane mode and the password for the current gmail account was not known. Since then, we've updated the password to the gmail account, but it is not able to sync the new pwd since it's offline (in airplane mode.)

I've tried each of the known passwords, and none work. So, I thought i'd do a hard reset. When holding the appropriate key[button] combinations, it attempts to go into Android recovery, but am faced with the dreaded recovery android with red triangle.

I then attempted to attach to my computer and realized that it's having difficulties communicating too - I'm wondering if it's a driver issue.

Any suggestions with a recovery?

Thanks in advance,
    Rick

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad

Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    try sdk tools and enter adb command 'fastboot oem unlock'

as for pc connection- have you previously installed the motorola device drivers? you will need to do so for sdk tools

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rive View Post

as for pc connection- have you previously installed the motorola device drivers? you will need to do so for sdk tools
    I thought I had, but must've been before I put Win8 on the laptop. Looked for the drivers two nights ago and it said it installed, but doesn't look like it. ADB says no device found.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rive View Post

I thought I had, but must've been before I put Win8 on the laptop. Looked for the drivers two nights ago and it said it installed, but doesn't look like it. ADB says no device found.

Remove Ads

Ads