• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The Official "I Got My Xoom" Thread!!!

This is a discussion on The Official "I Got My Xoom" Thread!!! within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Just got mine, I have to say I'm extremely excited. I've been waiting over a year (since the release of the IPad) for an android ...

Page 32 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: The Official "I Got My Xoom" Thread!!!

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Just got mine, I have to say I'm extremely excited. I've been waiting over a year (since the release of the IPad) for an android tablet. I had high hopes for the Viewsonic, but that got dashed by the horrific ui overlay. I have very high hopes for the Xoom

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sameer View Post
    Got my xoom from Amazon on Monday! I'm pretty happy with it, my main thing was that I needed to be able to stream media to my Xoom from my media server and I think I found a good app for it: Skifta. I just haven't had time to fully set it up yet in between work and a 3 month old baby. Using the Xoom to take pictures of her has been my top priority!
    i have medialink on my mac....and i had a galaxy tab when it came out that used their allshare dlna thung....it synced right up to my network, i tried skifta and 4 other apps so far none work on xoom. not so impressed with this i get force closes on so many apps...hope it gets better, but its lame we are prototyping for google and motorola

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    got my xoom 2 weeks ago on sunday. at first I was not so sure about it, but the fact that I haven't turned on my laptop since then speaks for it's self. I typically use it for surfing the net from in bed or from on the couch and will use it as a media player when I travel... love it!

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hoody View Post
    got my xoom 2 weeks ago on sunday. at first I was not so sure about it, but the fact that I haven't turned on my laptop since then speaks for it's self. I typically use it for surfing the net from in bed or from on the couch and will use it as a media player when I travel... love it!
    Welcome!

Sent from my bathroom using Tapatalk

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I picked one up yesterday and I must say I am NOT impressed. After using an iPad 2, going to the Xoom is a major disappointment.

CON
    - The screen is very, very reflective! I have never seen a device reflect this bad. It's almost like a mirror finish.
    - The viewing angles are poor.
    - The colors have no punch and everything appears washed out, especially if you are not looking directly at it.
    - When it is powered off, you can actually see the touch screen grid wires under the glass!
    - When zooming in on text it takes a second for it to focus. This is very obvious when browsing the web and scrolling down pages.
    - The connector for the power supply is very small. I can see this breaking off quite easily.
    - You can't create folders for apps.
    - Tried the three Angry Bird games (Free on the Market) and they were jerky when scrolling left and right. Also the images were nowhere near as crisp and rich as on the iPad or PC/Mac.

PRO
    - Nice interface, more geared to techno geeks.
    - I like the wider screen format.

Too Bad...
    I really wanted to like the Xoom. If they would have used a higher quality IPS display and it had the silky smooth operation like an iPad 2 I would probably purchase it.

The problem is that they would have had to charge a lot more to make it come close to the quality of an iPad 1 or 2.

Technician X
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hoody View Post
    Welcome

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Agent Xoom
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ksilverbullet View Post
    I started hearing about the Xoom and thought it looked pretty cool, was impressed with the hardware specs. Windows failed at releasing anything tablet-worthy and the iPad kinda bored me. I didn't want to drop $800 on the 3g Xoom so I held out for the wifi. It's been pretty cool so far, some fc's, browser crashes, etc but nothing that I wasn't expecting as an early adopter. I know 3.0 is new so I'm giving it some time to get some bugs fixed. The customization with Android is awesome, exactly what I needed. I've been practicing rooting, overclocking, rom replacement on an old Droid Eris, just to get used to the droid platform. Now I can't wait to get rid of my windows mobile phone (Omnia II) and get a Bionic when they come out.

/rambling
    Be very careful ... do your research on this forum before you play around with your Xoom, or you might end up bricking it like a few have. The good thing is that there are knowledgeable people here who help you out. This is a really great community.

ps ... Welcome aboard!

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Sounds like you got a lemon Nascar-dog

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I got my xoom on thursday but I forgot to post so I'm posting now!!

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kris View Post
    Be very careful ... do your research on this forum before you play around with your Xoom, or you might end up bricking it like a few have. The good thing is that there are knowledgeable people here who help you out. This is a really great community.

ps ... Welcome aboard!
    Thanks Kris! I'm waiting for honeycomb to be released before I even start mucking with things.... Honestly, mine runs pretty good out of the box. I do have the keyboard lag that's been mentioned that's kind of irritating. I'm using thumb kb but didn't seem to help. Gonna try a few other things but overall I'm completely satisfied. My wife and I are taking our 4 kids on a cruise this fall and with the Xoom, my wife's iPad 2, and my kids iPad, we'll be set for entertainment!
    Wifi Xoom

Page 32 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads