• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The Official "I Got My Xoom" Thread!!!

This is a discussion on The Official "I Got My Xoom" Thread!!! within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Originally Posted by lebronjames316 OK, ladies and germs. It's finally happening. The Verizon Motorola Xoom is finally getting its update to Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream ...

Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: The Official "I Got My Xoom" Thread!!!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by lebronjames316 View Post

OK, ladies and germs. It's finally happening. The Verizon Motorola Xoom is finally getting its update to Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. The list of changes for software build IMM76L is pretty impressive, and you'll want to hit the changelog link below for the full skinny. But more important is that your Xoom finally is caught up on the upgrade path. Huzzah!
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I am thinking of getting a Xoom. Used to have an iPad, sold it. Then I looked into getting a Sony Tablet S but the 16 gb refurbished are out of stock. Then I was thinking of getting a Chinese tablet but I am still not sold on them. Then I looked at the Xoom reviews and it looks like it is a sold piece of technology. Can anyone provide feedback about how much they like their Xoom?

Thanks!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by DeniseG View Post
    I am thinking of getting a Xoom. Used to have an iPad, sold it. Then I looked into getting a Sony Tablet S but the 16 gb refurbished are out of stock. Then I was thinking of getting a Chinese tablet but I am still not sold on them. Then I looked at the Xoom reviews and it looks like it is a sold piece of technology. Can anyone provide feedback about how much they like their Xoom?

Thanks!
    I think you find that of us that have the OG Xoom are completely satisfies with it. The new OS, Jelly Bean is supposed to be OTA'ed to the US WiFi Xoom in mid July.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thank you Grant!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Hello, I bought my Xoom on the end of May, almost two months resisting to root the device, now I'm on ICS EOS 2.0. yeahh.. lol.

Mine is used. I almost got Transformer, but it will cost me more - decided against it, almost got some Chinese brand or Lenovo, but decided to get the xoom as it still in warranty, great condition and gorgeous also it's because the previous owner didn't use it too much, he got himself the new Ipad, lol.
    oh boy, it's a great decision now. at first my app kept crashing, then the xoom reboot himself at times. so decided to root it. wow, the performance is great, very very stable. love it more now.
    Even my husband is envious with the xoom capabilities, like usb host, app like ad free, backup etc. he got himself Galaxy tab plus, he's been dying to get ICS or maybe root, but disheartened after knowing not many users root their device, lmao.

haha oh well, that's my story. it's nice to be in the forum and thank you for reading.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I have had my xoom for about 4 or 5 days. I bought it on a whim, of Ebay. I don't know what the thing will do that my netbook can't do, but I was bored. first thing I did was root it and, spend a couple of days trying to get one of the Jellybean ROMs loaded. Finally got it together this morning around 2:00a.m. So, now it is on the Team EOS Jellybean 4.1.1 nightly, for Stingray. I don't like the leather case that it came in. I will have to find a simpler, thinner case, that will let me get at the volume rocker and power button easily. Even though it's is a 4G Xoom, I can't really see paying the extra $$$$$$ for another data connection. I think it will stay wifi only, until I find a reason to activate it on the VZW network. "That's my story and I'm sticking to it."
    ggrant3876 likes this.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    blabla.gif

Um, yeah you need a custom recovery to perform a nandroid. My post describes how I was able to install a development build of Jelly Bean that was posted on xda as a nandroid and not a ROM. To load the nandroid successfully I had to flash the Team EOS recovery because the recovery I had installed would not restore the leaked nandroid. Also after I restored the nandroid I lost root access and my radios did not work. To fix the radio issues I had to flash the Rogue recovery since Team EOS recommended that recovery to flash their radios. After all that I wanted to return to the original recovery I had installed just to make it easier to restore Bugless Beast if after a couple of days I decided the leaked Jelly Bean was not a daily driver.

Thanks for pointer on how to get into recovery on the Xoom. I stumbled upon what I was doing wrong yesterday.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftsantorum View Post
    blabla.gif

Um, yeah you need a custom recovery to perform a nandroid. My post describes how I was able to install a development build of Jelly Bean that was posted on xda as a nandroid and not a ROM. To load the nandroid successfully I had to flash the Team EOS recovery because the recovery I had installed would not restore the leaked nandroid. Also after I restored the nandroid I lost root access and my radios did not work. To fix the radio issues I had to flash the Rogue recovery since Team EOS recommended that recovery to flash their radios. After all that I wanted to return to the original recovery I had installed just to make it easier to restore Bugless Beast if after a couple of days I decided the leaked Jelly Bean was not a daily driver.

Thanks for pointer on how to get into recovery on the Xoom. I stumbled upon what I was doing wrong yesterday.
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have had my Xoom for a few weeks with ICS...It is the FIRST of MANY tablets that I have had...That I know how to use!!!!YAYYY!!! Is this REFURBISHED unit from Cnet daily steals automatically registered for warranty purposes??? JIM

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just got my Xoom and I am enjoying it!!! I am sure at the price these are going for and the fact that it upgrades to jellybean there will be a lot of new users in the next couple of months!!! I got mine at N1wireless. It was a open box mint condition for $219.00!! I ordered a wi-fi only MZ604 but was sent MZ600 Kinda bummed because it only upgrades to ICS at this time

Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads