• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Need a little help..lol speaker dock

This is a discussion on Need a little help..lol speaker dock within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; I just got a speaker dock for my xoom.. My original charger doesn't seem to work.. So I got the dock. But Everytime I connect ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Need a little help..lol speaker dock

I just got a speaker dock for my xoom.. My original charger doesn't seem to work.. So I got the dock. But Everytime I connect the Xoom it doesn't seem to charge. And all it does is make a noise? Any help? Lol thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    I just got a speaker dock for my xoom.. My original charger doesn't seem to work.. So I got the dock. But Everytime I connect the Xoom it doesn't seem to charge. And all it does is make a noise? Any help? Lol thanks
    What Xoom do you have?

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    4g Verizon Xoom

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Is there any case on the Xoom or is it naked? It's not the easiest thing to position on. Just make sure the USB and HDMI are fully connected. I don't remember it making any noise, though. Do you have any battery app installed to give you an idea of battery health?
    Last edited by ZoomZoom; 08-07-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    You have two male connectors on the dock and two small tits that make contact to the bottom of the Xoom; I've taken a volt meter to them and it shows 13 Volts DC.

Mine charges fine, I've found the speakers will only work if the Xoom is on when I attach it to the speaker dock; Reboot and it's Xoom speakers until I disconnect then reconnect it. Might try that and see if it helps (I'd be suprised but a suggestion).

There's also a setting (depending upon your ROM) to turn off the docking insert sound.

Male connectors and tits, think electronics is sexist, a lady is shopping at a hardware store and says she needs a file
    the salesman ask her if a bastard would work, she points to one and says na that SOB there should work just fine.

Luck

Remove Ads

Ads