• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Verizon Customer Retention Department

This is a discussion on Verizon Customer Retention Department within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Sorry, but this is what is wrong with people. Don't get your way? Just complain, then you will. Great idea. What ever happened to just ...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Verizon Customer Retention Department

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Sorry, but this is what is wrong with people. Don't get your way? Just complain, then you will. Great idea. What ever happened to just doing what is right....

2. # ADS
    Ads

DrivetheGreen66
    Sometimes I have had issues with VZW (such as a $1200 bill because I had to have 2 replacements within 30 days and they charged me for both phones and I had the tracking numbers to prove that the phones got back to VZW)

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    With vzw for 10 years. Never a single problem. More than I can say for anyone I know that has had any other carrier.

Newsworthy
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    GUIDE] How to get xoom cdma version running on other CDMA EvDO network
    [GUIDE] How to get xoom cdma version running on other CDMA EvDO network - xda-developers Now you can use your xoom on any carrier and dump VZ!. Those brains over at xda realy work hard!
    The opinions above are solely those of a 12 year old hacker who has broken into my account, and not those of my employer or any other organization.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jdxoom View Post
    i tried to register my Xoom. I was told I would get a text message with my password. After I explained to customer service that you can't get the text message on a Xoom I was told I needed vz access manager. When i told them that was not an option they decided the only to register a Xoom was to mail me a password. That took almost two weeks. Not impressed. I own a software company. They should have their act together by now.
    You don't have to wait 2 weeks. Call them on the phone and tell them they have to set up a test phone on their side. Once their test phone is set up you simply click the Verizon link that is supposed to send you the temporary password and it will show up on the test phone. They will tell you the password, you type it in the browser, and then your online account will be activated. This is how I had to do it because my phones are with AT&T so I couldn't get a text message from them.

Xoom Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Twitter
    Ltcmdr49022
    [QUOTE=brockeverly;24575]Sorry, but this is what is wrong with people. Don't get your way? Just complain, then you will. Great idea. What ever happened to just doing what is right... [QUOTE]

I paid over $600 for my Xoom, and over $200 a month for service for phones & tablet. Oh yea, I'm gonna complain if I don't think I'm getting what I paid for. At work, they expect the same thing, to get out of me what they pay for. If they feel they are not getting it, I hear about it big time.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by txawj View Post
    With vzw for 10 years. Never a single problem. More than I can say for anyone I know that has had any other carrier.
    Same here except more like 12 years, numerous phones, now EnV3 (wife), DX and Xoom. Excellent service, no problems, waived my $35 activation fee, all I had to do was ask. Always polite and helpful.
    Sent via Xoom on WiFi

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I got mine the day they were released. The sales lady activated my Xoom and I was walking out the door in under 30 minutes 3g activated.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brockeverly View Post
    Sorry, but this is what is wrong with people. Don't get your way? Just complain, then you will. Great idea. What ever happened to just doing what is right....
    I can't agree with that philosophy. Certainly, always try to do the right thing. That's a given. But in the real world, "others", including businesses, don't always "do the right thing", but instead, try to take advantage. If I believe I'm not being treated properly and in accordance with the business agreement I have with someone, I make it a point to complain.

I will agree with your premise that there are a lot of people who think they should always get whatever they want, regardless. That comes from permissive upbringing, and leads to problems later in life.

Xoom Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    First of all let me start by saying that I like Verizon and the fact they have a customer retetion department is great. I was only trying to let people know that if they feel they are being treated unfairly and the rep on the phone claims they cant do a thing, there are other options before getting frustrated. I was with Verizon before most people had cell phones when my bill was $1500 a month and it was really cool to have a cell. Now my kids have cells. I was also texting before anyone else. I had one of the first RIM(blackberry devices) in the country and was doing mobile email before people knew you could.
    I switched from Verizon a year and a half ago when my teenager daughters said I was ruining there social lives because they did not have Iphones. Cost me $1200 to switch and they love it and I get droped calls every minute of my life. I basically drive and talk and with AT&T that is not easy to do.
    Anyway, I plan to come back to Verizon and the Xoom was my first point of return. The people in the store were great and spent hours with me. The frustration over simply getting my device registered so that I could use the little verizon app. That was annoying but in the end, Verizon offered me a $50 credit for my inconvienence. So thumbs up verizon and just make sure you figure out what a Xoom is and educate your customer serivce people fast because with advocates like me, you will sell alot of them.

Ads