• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Vol down button doesn't work... probably my fault

This is a discussion on Vol down button doesn't work... probably my fault within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; After I finished replacing the glass on my XOOM, I discovered that the vol down button no longer responds (the power button and vol up ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Vol down button doesn't work... probably my fault

After I finished replacing the glass on my XOOM, I discovered that the vol down button no longer responds (the power button and vol up both work properly). I opened up the case and reconnected the relevant ribbon cables, but the vol button still does not respond. It worked before I replaced the glass. I'm stumped... and frustrated.

Any suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lothian View Post
    After I finished replacing the glass on my XOOM, I discovered that the vol down button no longer responds (the power button and vol up both work properly). I opened up the case and reconnected the relevant ribbon cables, but the vol button still does not respond. It worked before I replaced the glass. I'm stumped... and frustrated.

Any suggestions?
    I had a different problem - which I'd read about elsewhere. The Volume UP button reboots the Xoom (should be PWR button + Vol UP). Anyway, I installed a tray app to control volume and stopped using the buttons.

Remove Ads

Ads