• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

UK Release - Who's waiting / received?

This is a discussion on UK Release - Who's waiting / received? within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; I know it's only Monday morning, but the wifi only sites still say "Due for release in the 1st week of April" with a delivery ...

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: UK Release - Who's waiting / received?

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times

UK Release - Who's waiting / received?

I know it's only Monday morning, but the wifi only sites still say "Due for release in the 1st week of April" with a delivery of the 9th.
    Plus it feels like we've been waiting for this for ages!!

Any updates from anyone would be welcome as I think this week is going to go so slow...

Mines ordered from Dixons who took the money a few weeks ago, no update from them since then (and there website doesn't have any shipping info)

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    AdamJPurcell
    I'm another one waiting for the Xoom to hit the UK. In my case I've preordered the 3G variant from Carphone Warehouse, who were also very quick to take the money from my Credit Card!

When I preordered they were claiming 'early April' (which I took to mean first week). Subsequently they called me to say it had been delayed to the 19th of April. Their website has the more vague 'Stock due mid April' - Motorola Xoom 3G + Wi-Fi tablet plus FREE charging dock worth 34.99 mobile phone - On Various networks - The Carphone Warehouse

I don't know if the 3G is due later than the WiFi but I had heard unsubstantiated rumours that both versions were due the same time. If so, that might suggest you may have to wait a bit longer than the 9th of April. Who knows? Either way, we are slowly getting closer to owning one! Very slowly...

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    398 times
    Twitter
    XoomForum
    I'm excited for you guys in the UK! Your wait is getting shorter and shorter!

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam J Purcell View Post
    I'm another one waiting for the Xoom to hit the UK. In my case I've preordered the 3G variant from Carphone Warehouse, who were also very quick to take the money from my Credit Card!

When I preordered they were claiming 'early April' (which I took to mean first week). Subsequently they called me to say it had been delayed to the 19th of April. Their website has the more vague 'Stock due mid April' - Motorola Xoom 3G + Wi-Fi tablet plus FREE charging dock worth 34.99 mobile phone - On Various networks - The Carphone Warehouse

I don't know if the 3G is due later than the WiFi but I had heard unsubstantiated rumours that both versions were due the same time. If so, that might suggest you may have to wait a bit longer than the 9th of April. Who knows? Either way, we are slowly getting closer to owning one! Very slowly...
    I'd heard the same thing, however no info coming from Motorola.
    2 things are keeping me hopeful for this week. Firstly only people with the 3G ordered have been told there is a delay and only the 3G website has been updated. Secondly Engadget ran a story last week saying Motorola had confirm UK shipment this week, although they didn't confirm which/both models.
    Fingers crossed we all get them soon!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Twitter
    misscassyL
    I was told by Carphone Warehouse it would be the 19th too and annoyingly, every time I google search for updates, endgadget and OSM.net still insist on telling everyone that there is a "rumour" that you can now pre-order but price still unknown when we all know that we have already paid some time ago!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cazza View Post
    I was told by Carphone Warehouse it would be the 19th too
    I ordered mine on Thursday last week, they told me it would ship on 19th as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cazza View Post
    and annoyingly, every time I google search for updates, endgadget and OSM.net still insist on telling everyone that there is a "rumour" that you can now pre-order but price still unknown when we all know that we have already paid some time ago!
    Lol. I've spotted that as well!

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I ordered mine on the 4th of March. Still waiting to hear from Dixons. Any day now i should think.

I was of the lucky few who got it for 449 when Dixons had 10% off voucher.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    270 times
    Twitter
    misscassyL
    A tip for any Brits who haven't actually pre-ordered yet, sign up to the topcashback site and then go through to the retailer from there. I got or will get 30 cashback from my 3G pre-order which along with the CW free dock brings the actual price down by around 66 quid in real terms.

Sorry if others didn't know this and have already placed the order but I did post it in one of my first posts here. I use Topcashback all the time and it soon mounts up I promise, well worth it.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I preordered from pcworld on the 3rd March and no further updates yet, I called their helpdesk today to ask for an update and they didn't have any info. I am still hoping from the 9th but have assumed it will be later

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Apparently Simply Electronics have some in stock. I checked their website on Saturday (I think) and it showed 9 units in stock but I already placed a pre-order with Currys before that. Checked their website a few hours later and it showed no stock. Some of these sites say they have them in stock but then put the delivery times out with about 2 weeks which just mean they don't have them on hand.

Anyway, called them this morning as their website showed 26 units in stock. They said they actually have them in stock/on hand and that delivery usually takes 2 - 7 working days. They are also selling it for 489.95. So I cancelled my order with Currys and have ordered this from Simply Electronics this morning. Now to see when it actually arrives...

Laptop Computing - Motorola XOOM WiFi Android 3.0 Tablet
    Last edited by Otterjasie; 04-04-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads