• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tips to speed up the Xoom?

This is a discussion on Tips to speed up the Xoom? within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Hello folks, After 4 years, my Xoom seems to be tired. It takes around 3 minutes to boot up and open a webpage. Though, I'm ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Tips to speed up the Xoom?

Hello folks,

After 4 years, my Xoom seems to be tired. It takes around 3 minutes to boot up and open a webpage. Though, I'm pretty sure that tab can still run good, I wonder if doing a factory reset could help it a bit. I don't mind downloading again the apps and OS, my multimedia content is on the NAS so I won't loose that much. Otherwise, I was wondering if there's some sort of boot manager or task manager that could help me find out where the juice is leaking. Killing process is a thing, but if I could see what going on at the startup, I might find the culprits.

If it's just starting to die, what would you suggest for a change? I guess Samsung Galaxy Tab S would be the best choice? I'm looking for 10inch, being able to live for 3-4 years at least. It can be Android or Windows 8.1, no Apple please

Thanks a lot!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercador View Post
    Hello folks,

After 4 years, my Xoom seems to be tired. It takes around 3 minutes to boot up and open a webpage. Though, I'm pretty sure that tab can still run good, I wonder if doing a factory reset could help it a bit. I don't mind downloading again the apps and OS, my multimedia content is on the NAS so I won't loose that much. Otherwise, I was wondering if there's some sort of boot manager or task manager that could help me find out where the juice is leaking. Killing process is a thing, but if I could see what going on at the startup, I might find the culprits.

If it's just starting to die, what would you suggest for a change? I guess Samsung Galaxy Tab S would be the best choice? I'm looking for 10inch, being able to live for 3-4 years at least. It can be Android or Windows 8.1, no Apple please

Thanks a lot!
    The Motorola Xoom is well past it's prime. A factory data reset might help a bit or you can root it and flash one of the current roms.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    The Motorola Xoom is well past it's prime. A factory data reset might help a bit or you can root it and flash one of the current roms.
    Will it make snappy like the old days? Otherwise, why it became so slow? Planned obsolescence ? I'm sure the tab is still good though.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    2223 times
    Twitter
    mgrant76308
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercador View Post
    Will it make snappy like the old days? Otherwise, why it became so slow? Planned obsolescence ? I'm sure the tab is still good though.
    Don't know for sure. You can try and if it doesn't help you can always upgrade. have you tried a soft reboot? Press and hold the power button and the volume up button together until the Xoom starts to reboot, then release them both.

Note 10 Plus
    OnePlus 6T

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Don't know for sure. You can try and if it doesn't help you can always upgrade. have you tried a soft reboot? Press and hold the power button and the volume up button together until the Xoom starts to reboot, then release them both.
    Yeah, I did it a few times since I got it actually.

It seems the issue is at startup. Once the tab is fully loaded, it seems working better. Like all the stuff like the version validation of apps, emails incoming, etc seems to work hard on the cpu..

Remove Ads

Ads