• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

XOOM 2 rebooting in sleep mode on battery only

This is a discussion on XOOM 2 rebooting in sleep mode on battery only within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Hi all. First time post. I recently acquired a XOOM 2 MZ616. It didn't seem to be charging at first, but it seems ok now ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

XOOM 2 rebooting in sleep mode on battery only

Hi all. First time post.

I recently acquired a XOOM 2 MZ616. It didn't seem to be charging at first, but it seems ok now after I manually partially recharged the battery and charged the tablet on my Sony Xperia's dc charger. The big issue it has is that when running on battery and it goes to sleep either with set timeout or by using the power button, after a few seconds (varies a little here and there) it will reboot. If a timeout value is set for the display, it will keep rebooting, timing out and rebooting again and so on. This doesn't happen when running with a powered USB lead plugged in. With the lead plugged in and charging it works fine.

It's running Android 4.04 basic factory install. I've cleared the cache and reset to factory state without affect. I got this tablet as "refurbished" from a supplier cheap and currently have an RMA to return it however I'm just not sure if this is a fault in hardware or software. I'm more than happy to keep the tablet even if I can just sleep it manually and wake it up without it rebooting under battery.

Any idea where the issue might be?

Cheers, Jeff.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Remove Ads

Ads