• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Need reco's for a ROM to regain usefulness of my XOOM tablet

This is a discussion on Need reco's for a ROM to regain usefulness of my XOOM tablet within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; All, Some time back, with the ongoing update of Google components, my Xoom tablet became virtually unusable due to the glacial response time. I lamented ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Need reco's for a ROM to regain usefulness of my XOOM tablet

All,

Some time back, with the ongoing update of Google components, my Xoom tablet became virtually unusable due to the glacial response time. I lamented this fact as I did and still do think this is an awesome tablet and losing the usage was upsetting. I bought a Nexus 7 to replace it, which I use almost constantly, but there was always this thought in my mind of getting the Xoom going again.

Initially I tried the both the Lollipop and Marshmallow ROMs available from XDA, but frankly neither are "ready for prime time". There were and are serious functionality which makes both non-starters.

So, I installed OMNI ROM v4.4.4... on my Xoom tablet. Things seemed better for a while, but again the rot has set in and the response time of the tablet is glacial. Everything takes 30-60 seconds to respond and doing updates takes many minutes, not just a few.

I'm looking for options/suggestions/whatever on the possibility of bringing the tablet back to life.

If you have a Xoom tablet and it's still performing well for you, I would love to know details of the setup.

Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    So, by the lack of response, no one is using their Xoom tablet any longer?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am! I am! I just found this thread.
    Sorry to put a real downer on your night though cause I'm stuck on stock ROM after finding my MZ601 again...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello!
    Am new here .

I am using the XOOM MZ604 WiFi. Bought it from a friend about 2 weeks ago. Working nicely on Android 4.1.2, but I am unable to use the Sketchbook Pro on it. Even the AutoDesk SketchBook crashes immediately when I try to open the app. Am searching for a suitable solution to make SketchBook work on my Xoom.

I am a graphics designer/artist, and I bought this 10.1" tablet just to see how SketchBook works on it. So if there is no solution, then I will have to buy a new tablet for my work on the move. So my new friends, can somebody help me make this tab usable for my graphics work.

Almost all other apps work smoothly on this tablet, except SketchBook pro. I will also ask the Sketchbook Pro Support team for a solution as I am a paid subscriber to the app since a week or so.

Also, how easy it would be to get Android 6 or 7, or even Lollipop version on my Xoom MZ604 without bricking it?

Thanks!
    Regards

P.S.: I am 57 and have really fallen in love with this Xoom tablet , so I would like to do my graphics work on it, rather than have a new tab now.
    Last edited by santoshb; 07-22-2017 at 08:31 AM.

Remove Ads

Ads