• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Australian XOOM MZ601 root and upgrade?

This is a discussion on Australian XOOM MZ601 root and upgrade? within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Hi All. Apologies for the questions but am completely new to this! I currently have a Xoom MZ601 Australian version running android 4.0.4 Ice cream ...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Australian XOOM MZ601 root and upgrade?

Hi All.

Apologies for the questions but am completely new to this!

I currently have a Xoom MZ601 Australian version running android 4.0.4 Ice cream Sandwich.

I was looking for guides to Root the device and then hopefully a newer Android version (and overclock anything to get some performance out of it)

Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide / steps that will support the Australian version? I've read a few but they all seem to be for EU?

Also I've read that some of the new OS cause issues with no SD card support - is this still an issue for those that have upgraded??

Appreciate any advice / tips. The Xoom has been sitting away for years and I'm trying to get some use out of it!!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    anyone own the same model?

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Dead in the Water

I have an original first generation Xoom and the only identification I can find is on the back at the bottom: FCC ID: 1HDT56MT1 IC: 109O-T56MT1
    The original charger plug pin went bad some time ago so I bought a replacement online, the original charger had a 12V 1A output rating and the replacement has a 12V 1.5A output rating and the Xoom doesn't want to charge up on it or it has some kind of overcharge current protection. I was also having some problems with the power switch and I wonder sometimes about the battery life. Are these all related around a central issue? or separate issues?

Thanks, Tony J.

Remove Ads

Ads