• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

XOOM sales are poor

This is a discussion on XOOM sales are poor within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Motorola ATRIX, XOOM Sales Still Poor, Says Analyst Not surprising considering they put out an incomplete product Comes out with no flash, no sd card, ...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: XOOM sales are poor

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

XOOM sales are poor

Motorola ATRIX, XOOM Sales Still Poor, Says Analyst

Not surprising considering they put out an incomplete product

Comes out with no flash, no sd card, no usb and no 4G. The price of it isn't great (to be competitive).

However the biggest fault clearly likes with their Marketing Department. Poor poor execution.

I was one of these people who were super excited that there was a 10.1" tablet that also ran specific tablet OS, but XOOM has been a huge disappointment.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Technician X
    Member #
    Liked
    174 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HTC Fan View Post
    Motorola ATRIX, XOOM Sales Still Poor, Says Analyst

Not surprising considering they put out an incomplete product

Comes out with no flash, no sd card, no usb and no 4G. The price of it isn't great (to be competitive).

However the biggest fault clearly likes with their Marketing Department. Poor poor execution.

I was one of these people who were super excited that there was a 10.1" tablet that also ran specific tablet OS, but XOOM has been a huge disappointment.
    Salesare poor ,thats not one bit surprizing. We all knew the ipad2 was going to dominate the market. And for the incomplete product argument I dont believe it a factor. Youre saying sales of xoom are poor (because everyones going out and buying ipad2's and 1's) thatdont and will never have flash sd card or 4g (not sure what you mean by USB). if the xoom had a quad core and printed legal tender the ipad2 would still outsell it. Thats just how it goes when apples been marketing ipad for a year now.

sent from my yellow banana stand in newport beach
    windedbison likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    I think its high time to create a =troll= button.
    StefanYFC and dimitri407 like this.
    Bensode
    Debian, XOOM & Droid Enthusiast

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Your putting words in my mouth as the written part of my thread never mentioned anything about apple or ipad2. However, people who want things like sd card or usb won't buy this because it doesn't work. I also said that the price isn't good enough to be competitive.

If also look at the adverts they have put out, they have been dismal. None of them really show you want it can do, and especially what it can do that other tablets can't. The ASUS transformer tab ad (not the Big Bang Theory one...that was even worse than abysmal) with the cheesy young people in it, actually tells you what it can do, and serves a much better purpose.

I am also far from a troll, I am also HTC Fan on androidtablets.net and I have 100+ posts there.
    By my name you know I am not an iSheeple and the link is from phandroid (and not apple lovers engadget)
    Last edited by HTC Fan; 04-05-2011 at 11:24 PM.

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    I do think part of the problem is how the xoom is displayed at best buy. Its like hidden in a corner. Staples did it right with the wifi xoom. Right in front of the store, you can't miss it. The xoom doesn't feel incomplete to me. I actually bought an ipad2 first and didn't like it much. Gave it to my girlfriend and went and dropped 800 for the xoom. There are things that could be improved and I'm confident or at least hopeful that they will be. Even with poor sales, google is using the xoom to develop honeycomb so its only logical for me to expect some killer updates. Just imagine how ballin this thing is going to be in 6 months? Personally, I can't wait. I already love this thing so I know I'm really going to love it when its been upgraded even more.
    Last edited by maretus; 04-05-2011 at 11:38 PM.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I just laugh every time I hear the feeling "incomplete" comments. What the hell else do you want? What would it take to feel "complete" to you that MOTOROLA could have done better?

Xoom Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brockeverly View Post
    I just laugh every time I hear the feeling "incomplete" comments. What the hell else do you want? What would it take to feel "complete" to you that MOTOROLA could have done better?
    I agree with you but at the same time you have to admit that releasing a product that has some features (sd slot) that are pretty commonly used on plenty of other devices but not working on the xoom is pretty dumb. Don't get me wrong I love my xoom and a non-functioning sd slot is not a concern for me but when a huge company like Motorola releases a product they should make sure everything is working first. Sure, features will have their bugs but to have it not functioning at all is another thing.

People definitely need to be a little smarter when it comes to spending on gadgets like the xoom but at the same time the manufacturer needs to be a little more up front about information regarding their products. And putting a label on an sd slot filler like they did is ridiculous. Or even the small print they put on the side of the box.
    Last edited by Crazypinoy9; 04-06-2011 at 01:20 AM.
    HTC Fan likes this.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    @jonperezinsd
    me being an iphone4 owner can honestly say..apple can keep their high sales numbers...ill take my flash on my xoom..im just sayin
    Snowman1701e likes this.

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Getsome_122
    I am loving my Xoom. My laptop is getting very little use now. lol And my X is getting a break to.

I am however looking forward to the sd card slot being made functional so I can drop a 32gig card in there and transfer all my photos and music to it before I fill this thing up....

It's a work in progress with Honeycomb. Anyone who bought it not knowing that didnt research the product much beforehand.

I personally believe the Xoom has a bright future...

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Twitter
    james_cull
    Motorola Xoom and Atrix struggling says analyst | T3 magazine

Here's another link to pretty much the same article, this time from T3, a British technology magazine.

And I thought the Xoom had Flash? I was wondering what all the hype about the update to 10.2 was until I released....
    OK, it's still in Beta. But has anyone tried it out? Does it actually work?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads