• Login:

Welcome to the Xoom Forum - Motorola Xoom Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Get LTE on your Motorola Xoom in one week, and a dozen or so easy steps

This is a discussion on Get LTE on your Motorola Xoom in one week, and a dozen or so easy steps within the Motorola Xoom General Discussion forums, part of the Motorola Xoom Forum category; Will it be possible t upgrade the wifi model?...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Get LTE on your Motorola Xoom in one week, and a dozen or so easy steps

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Will it be possible t upgrade the wifi model?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    252 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stuff View Post
    Haha I've thought the same thing, I live in Mundelein

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    This is just for the 3g model.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    to this i say, my cell phone can tether. extra 300 dollars for xoom? no thanks

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    I see nothing on Verizon saying when, just says they will e-mail you when it is available..
    I hate this lagging keyboard..It's enough to make me return it.. Any ideas if this is something they will fix?? So much for being a fast processor..
    For the default keyboard, the lag went away for me when I disabled the 'Show correction suggestions' (I set it to portrait mode only). I do kind of like that option at times, though.

Also, I ended up buying the Thumb Keyboard from the market and that seems to have eliminated (or reduced) the lag also? Can anyone else confirm this? I think it is showing suggestions, too, I forget. Love the Thumb Keyboard, btw.

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    keyboard lag is an issue, and the thumb keyboard does not solve it either (although makes it more enjoyable). The Browser i believe is the issue...other browsers do not have this issue but cannot give that complete feeling the stock one does. No doubt there are plenty of opportunities there with the browser... It has a dual core processor, there is no reason spell corrections or anything like that should load the machine enough to delay printing the charater..It will get better tho.

As far as the upgrade goes...im hoping that they deploy a newer version of honeycomb with some of the bugs worked out before the LTE upgrade and it comes back with a better browser amongst other things..(far stretch?lol)

Xoom Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Here is another interesting possibility, Let hope it is true. 4G LTE service is now available (as of 2 days ago) in my area. I called Verizon customer service and they were still clueless as to when the update would be rolling out!
    Motorola Xoom To Get Verizon 4G LTE Upgrade Soon, With Less Hassle? - HotHardware

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    217 times
    Twitter
    XimmyT
    I am confused by all this 4G talk..... have the networks actually changed? Or is this 4G merely from a marketing standpoint?
    Keep on Xoomin'

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    217 times
    Twitter
    XimmyT
    Quote Originally Posted by Ximmy View Post
    I am confused by all this 4G talk..... have the networks actually changed? Or is this 4G merely from a marketing standpoint?
    Here is an article that makes me wonder about all the 4G talk:

4g-is-a-myth-and-confusing: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance
    Keep on Xoomin'

Xoom Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ximmy View Post
    Straight from that article...

To illustrate: Sprint bought a majority stake in Clearwire (Nasdaq: CLWR - News), which uses a new network technology called WiMAX that's capable of speeds ranging from 3 Mbps to 10 Mbps. That's a different technology from Verizon's new network, based on a standard called Long Term Evolution (LTE), which will average 5 Mbps to 12 Mbps.

Seeing what its competitors were up to, T-Mobile opted to increase the speed capabilities of its existing 3G-HSPA+ network instead of pursuing a new technology. Its expanded network -- now called 4G -- will reach speeds of 5 Mbps to 12 Mbps.

No matter what they're called, all of these upgrades are clear improvements -- and the carriers shelled out billions to make them. Current "3G" networks offer actual speeds that range from between 500 kilobits per second to 1.5 Mbps.

Maybe it's not 100mbps but I would call it an improvement before I called it a myth...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads